Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Where can a get a M42 adapter.....

lukebl

Anyone know where I can get a slimline adapter with an M42 x 0.75 thread to connect a camera to a filter wheel?

I have one of these, but the thread on one side is too deep. If I screw it into the filter wheel, it just pushes up against the wheel,  and if I screw it into the camera it only goes half-way in. I need it so that there's a narrow thread each side

M42 adaptor.jpg

+1 for the hacksaw suggestion, slip a collar made up of a plastic strip or whatever you have that’s a uniform width over the threads to help you cut through evenly, working around the circumference and it will do the job.

Use a junior hacksaw if you have one.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

You may have missed Lukes last thread, space is paramount

The inverter ring is a good shout to minimise space loss

Edited by tooth_dr

16 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

You may have missed Lukes last thread, space is paramount

The inverter ring is a good shout to minimise space loss

Indeed, not up to speed with whole issue - I thought that thread being too long is main problem and that solves easily with spacers / distance rings (I have similar issue with my filter drawer that is rather thin and longer thread just protrudes inside and stops drawer from sliding in/out properly).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vlaiv said:

Indeed, not up to speed with whole issue - I thought that thread being too long is main problem and that solves easily with spacers / distance rings (I have similar issue with my filter drawer that is rather thin and longer thread just protrudes inside and stops drawer from sliding in/out properly).

Is that the TS one by any chance? I cut the offending side off the drawer with a Dremel so it wouldn't catch the threads when removing. I think they have since resigned it.