Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ5 Deluxe Mount Motorising Options?

Ian McCallum

On 09/12/2021 at 14:21, Ian McCallum said:

I was actually thinking of getting the enhance kit, but FLO is out of stock. RVO and a few other retailers have them in stock, but I prefer to deal with FLO. I may take a chance... 

FLO are showing 4-6 days.  Tring Astro are showing no stocks, Harpers Photographic are showing as "Due mid December", but at the moment are also out of stock.  365Astronomy have three in stock according to their website.  Likewise The widescreen centre  are showing 3 in stock and Microglobe are showing stock.

Might be worth purchasing ahead from one of the suppliers that have stock rather than wait for the refund to hit your bank account.  You have no idea how many back orders FLO / RVO /Tring etc may have

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, malc-c said:

FLO are showing 4-6 days.  Tring Astro are showing no stocks, Harpers Photographic are showing as "Due mid December", but at the moment are also out of stock.  365Astronomy have three in stock according to their website.  Likewise The widescreen centre  are showing 3 in stock and Microglobe are showing stock.

Might be worth purchasing ahead from one of the suppliers that have stock rather than wait for the refund to hit your bank account.  You have no idea how many back orders FLO / RVO /Tring etc may have

I took your advice and chose for one from 365Astronomy. 👍

7 hours ago, Ian McCallum said:

Fingers crossed their website is also up to date.

I've always found most of the major retailers easy to deal with even when it comes to refunds etc.  It's a competitive market, as they are all selling the same products from the same wholesalers, so the one area that they need to excel on is the customer service experience, and it's in their best interest to make sure you are satisfied and will come back again, even if the transaction wasn't as smooth as everyone liked.  We all know FLO do well in this area (they need to do so being sponsors of the forum), but equally RVO do well in this area too, so I'm sure your refund will be processed promptly so you are not out of pocket too long

Edited by malc-c
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ian McCallum said:

When I get my refund from RVO, I'll be looking for other options.  Ideally, I'd still like the same kit - hopefully @FLOwill get them back in stock soon.🙏

We already have two Sky-Watcher Enhanced Dual-Axis DC Motor Drives for EQ-5 in stock. More are readily available. 

12 hours ago, johninderby said:

Telescope Express says the kit is due back in stock in 7 days so hopefully FLO will get some soon.

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p415_Skywatcher-SynScan-GoTo-Upgrade-Kit-for-GP---EQ-mounts.html

That is also already in stock (£71 cheaper than the German retailer). 

Sky-Watcher SynScan PRO Go-To Upgrade Kit for EQ5

8 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

I would guess all the stock is on the same cargo vessel :wink2:

It is true UK retailers must source Sky-Watcher products from the same distributor so are often waiting for the same shipment. 

8 hours ago, Ian McCallum said:

You are forgiven 🙂 

If his website availability indicator isn't correct then he should have no difficulty sourcing one for you from Sky-Watcher's distributor (I checked this morning). 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, FLO said:

We already have two Sky-Watcher Enhanced Dual-Axis DC Motor Drives for EQ-5 in stock. More are readily available. 

That is also already in stock (£71 cheaper than the German retailer). 

Sky-Watcher SynScan PRO Go-To Upgrade Kit for EQ5

It is true UK retailers must source Sky-Watcher products from the same distributor so are often waiting for the same shipment. 

You are forgiven 🙂 

If his website availability indicator isn't correct then he should have no difficulty sourcing one for you from Sky-Watcher's distributor (I checked this morning). 

HTH, 

Steve 

Sorry Auntie @FLO, I didn't get your email regarding the item being in stock till well after I ordered it. 🙇‍♂️ That was before 2am this morning, when you and other sensible people were still closed for business.😋

No problem 🙂 

You must have clicked the blue 'Notify me when back in stock' button on our product page - that automatically sends an email when an item is physically at our warehouse and available to buy. 

If you ever need info on what is incoming please email. 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Steve,   So did you receive a shipment in the small hours of the morning then?  - When searching suppliers for Ian late last night I checked your site which stated 4-6 day lead time, but then it would seem you e-mailed Ian at 2am to say you had stock... (website now showing 2 off available).  Since when did FLO make their staff work 24/7 shifts 😧

11 minutes ago, FLO said:

No problem 🙂 

You must have clicked the blue 'Notify me when back in stock' button on our product page - that automatically sends an email when an item is physically at our warehouse and available to buy. 

If you ever info on what is incoming please email. 

Steve 

I did indeed click the notify button.😉

8 minutes ago, malc-c said:

Steve,   So did you receive a shipment in the small hours of the morning then?  - When searching suppliers for Ian late last night I checked your site which stated 4-6 day lead time, but then it would seem you e-mailed Ian at 2am to say you had stock... (website now showing 2 off available).  Since when did FLO make their staff work 24/7 shifts 😧

I got FLO's automated email at 9.30am, this morning.  I just checked when I bought the Enhanced kit from 365 and it was at around 1.30am, this morning.

3 hours ago, malc-c said:

O ye of little faith! 😄 

I became aware of this discussion only this morning after Ian tagged @FLO in his post

Nobody at FLO works overnight. We sleep at night.

The stock arrived yesterday afternoon, just before our warehouse closed. My colleague Lisa scanned the motor kits into stock when we reopened this morning. Our inventory system noted, after existing customer orders were cleared, there were two remaining. 

3 hours ago, Ian McCallum said:

I did indeed click the notify button.😉

Our inventory system then auto-emailed everyone who had previously clicked the 'Notify me when back in stock' button, saying stock was available. 

3 hours ago, Ian McCallum said:

I got FLO's automated email at 9.30am, this morning.  

See 🙂 

If you still doubt us, malc-c, here are some photos showing them at our warehouse. When I found them they were still on the Putaway trolley. 

HTH, 

Steve 

IMG-2188.jpg.6faad3dad718772db3c78358ad9bc511.jpg IMG-2189.jpg.bcf8c035c41ed820665fb915bfd17871.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, malc-c said:

Steve, this is one of the problems with typing on a forum - you got me all wrong....  I was jesting with you... suggesting you worked the night shift ... 

Ah, I didn't read it that way 🙂 

12 hours ago, Ian McCallum said:

I got my refund from RVO, earlier this afternoon. Zoltan from 365Astronomy emailed me to say that the order was processed and would be dispatched tomorrow, probably by DPD. 

#offtopic

In my life I've got to make sure I buy at least one thing from a guy called Zoltan. 

• Haha 2

365Astronomy gave me a tracking number, after it was finally dispatched by Royal Mail yesterday. 

I'm still getting an error with the tracking number, so goodness knows when it will arrive. Covid-19 and holiday season permitting. 🙄

Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference??????????? . Please try again tomorrow.

Edited by Ian McCallum

2 hours ago, Ian McCallum said:

365Astronomy gave me a tracking number, after it was finally dispatched by Royal Mail yesterday. 

I'm still getting an error with the tracking number, so goodness knows when it will arrive. Covid-19 and holiday season permitting. 🙄

Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference??????????? . Please try again tomorrow.

It's annoying, some of the parcel services that offer next-day delivery don't actually have a tracking system capable of actually registering new packages for at least 24hrs!

Anyway, have you seen the Clear Outside forecast! :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adyj1 said:

It's annoying, some of the parcel services that offer next-day delivery don't actually have a tracking system capable of actually registering new packages for at least 24hrs!

Anyway, have you seen the Clear Outside forecast! :lol:

To be honest with you, I wished I'd waited a few days and ordered from @FLO. ☹️

One thing that I found annoying with 365astronomy is that their website indicates a product is in stock and then you buy it only to find it's not in stock and has to be ordered from overseas. I'm waiting on a counterweight to come from Germany that was supposed to be in stock and it's been well over a month since I paid. I don't know why this is, because I ordered an item from astroshop eu. and it was delivered within 1 week?

The thing is its a week before Christmas and all delivery services are stretched.  Other than special delivery or £20 for a TNT / UPS next day, things can take three or more days longer than normal.  Not wishing to offend the OP, but you'll just have to be patient... if 356 have given you a tracking number then its being processed.  It may be that it's been picked, packed and ready for despatch, but not yet collected by Royal mail.   Have you tried calling them to find out why the tracking number fails and give you confirmation of what stage your order is at.  If it turns out it's not left the building then it's your prerogative to cancel and order from FLO who are still showing 2 in stock

In hindsight maybe ordering form FLO would have been better, but at the time they were showing no stock.  It just so happened that stock had arrived but had not been booked in and the surplus after covering back orders placed on the website the following day.  Sometimes life throws us these curve balls.  

2 hours ago, malc-c said:

The thing is its a week before Christmas and all delivery services are stretched.  Other than special delivery or £20 for a TNT / UPS next day, things can take three or more days longer than normal.  Not wishing to offend the OP, but you'll just have to be patient... if 356 have given you a tracking number then its being processed.  It may be that it's been picked, packed and ready for despatch, but not yet collected by Royal mail.   Have you tried calling them to find out why the tracking number fails and give you confirmation of what stage your order is at.  If it turns out it's not left the building then it's your prerogative to cancel and order from FLO who are still showing 2 in stock

In hindsight maybe ordering form FLO would have been better, but at the time they were showing no stock.  It just so happened that stock had arrived but had not been booked in and the surplus after covering back orders placed on the website the following day.  Sometimes life throws us these curve balls.  

It has been dispatched, according to 365Astronomy. It's not on the RM tracking system yet. Usually, it would at least say it's in the system. Unless, it's sitting in a mail bag somewhere, waiting to be dealt with. 🤔

I'm well aware of curved balls, my mother died recently and left me some money. I decided to spend a little on astronomy gear. I just don't like being left in limbo, not knowing where my item is. I've been let down once, I don't want to be let down again. I do make allowances for Covid-19 and Xmas rush, etc. 

7 minutes ago, Ian McCallum said:

It has been dispatched, according to 365Astronomy. It's not on the RM tracking system yet. Usually, it would at least say it's in the system. Unless, it's sitting in a mail bag somewhere, waiting to be dealt with. 🤔

You will probably find tracking info becomes available when the package reaches their local Mail Centre. 

Most major Royal Mail bottlenecks can be found here: 

Service Update from Royal Mail today. (Click the 'Movement of mail through our network' link). 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

So 24 hours after providing you with a tracking number to confirm postage the item was delivered - I would say that's very good service wouldn't you, especially as we are just a week away form Christmas, and with yet another wave of Covid affecting all businesses.

Have fun with your new toy :)

• Like 2