NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A dark seahorse under bortle 7

emyliano2000

This is my first attempt at a kind of target that I never thought it would be possible from my back garden.

I always avoided dusty regions but this time I bit the bullet and had a go to see what comes out and I'm very, very surprised by the result. Looks like I can add quite a few more targets to my to do list.

I don't know if the baader filters would be able to pull off something like this but, now, having used the chroma RGB and a chroma Lo-glow for luminance it surely paid off.

So, this is Barnard 150 or the Seahorse nebula in Cepheus and until I get my newtonian ready for imaging,

I added the star spikes for effect. A lot of people might not agree but I find them to give a nice glow to this image.

AZ-Eq6 GT
AstroTech 106LE with upgraded Moonlite focuser
TSFlat 2" field flattener
ASI294MM Pro Cmos camera, cooled at - 15°C
8x1.25" ZWO USB filterwheel
Chroma 1.25" RGB and Chroma Lo-Glow filters
Qhyccd QHY5L-IIM guide camera
Opticstar 90mm f5.5 guidescope
Qhyccd Polemaster

Luminance: 100x180sec Bin 2x2, Gain 125 Offset 30
Red: 50x180sec; Green: 50x180sec; Blue: 50x180sec; Bin 2x2, Gain 125 Offset 30
Total integration time 12 hours and 30 minutes
Stacked in AstroPixel Processor and processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop CC 2021

I hope you like it.

Emil

Barnard-150---The-Seahorse-nebula-(spikes)-(watermark).png.thumb.png.86e467b54266476834117b9c3380d130.png
  • Like 34

Very nice Emil. Amazing what can be done nowadays with the advancements in camera technology. 

I'm in a Bortle 5 (veering on 6) area, so I usually don't even bother trying to image anything dusty. What are your skies like where you are? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xiga said:

Very nice Emil. Amazing what can be done nowadays with the advancements in camera technology. 

I'm in a Bortle 5 (veering on 6) area, so I usually don't even bother trying to image anything dusty. What are your skies like where you are? 

Thank you! Well my skies are not the best, my app says I'm bortle 6.8 at zenith and to top it up, I also have a horrible streetlight at the end of my garden.  This is a photo shot with my phone on a cloudy night. 

EmilFB_IMG_1633607474508.thumb.jpg.f67792af5acd35c3530e93e3ab8b0d79.jpg