Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Jupiter Rotation Video.

CaptainKingsmill

Last week I captured my first video of Jupiter's rotation. It comprises of 37 frames, each made from the best 30-60% of a 10,000 frame videos depending on their quality graph.
For comparison, I've also added my first photo of Jupiter I took with this scope about 2 months ago, I think I'm getting better!

Now I'm a little more confident in my ability I'm going to aim to catch a transit of some kind next. 

Now for a Question or two,
I'm currently using a 2x Barlow, Would I benefit from a 3x for planetary with my current set up, or is it pushing it too far?  
With the small ish resolution of my Astro camera, I'd like to get a little closer if possible.

I also have a Sky-Watcher Evostar 102,  - I know there is some science to do with focal length, sensor size, pixel size etc.... but so far i've struggled to understand it in ant real detail. Pointers very much appreciated.
Is it worth trying the same experiment with this scope, what sort or results am I likely to achieve in comparison?

Equipment:
Skywatcher Explorer 200 
ZWO ASI 224 MC Color

Captured in Sharpcap, Processed in As3, Registax6 , Photoshop.

Thanks all

843567600_WhatsAppImage2021-08-27at00_05_36.jpeg.283f6130fd8dca69ada3ce4cb65a79e8.jpeg

• Like 2