Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Don’t blame ALAN!

Stu

I’m sure he’s not that bad!

What the heck am I talking about you might ask?

Well, I was reading the RAS magazine A&G last night and there was an article on light pollution which drew my attention.

The acronym ALAN was used, meaning Artificial Light At Night, so it seems we can blame all our LP problems on people called Alan! 😉🤣

Yes, it’s cloudy again….

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I’m sure he’s not that bad!

What the heck am I talking about you might ask?

Well, I was reading the RAS magazine A&G last night and there was an article on light pollution which drew my attention.

The acronym ALAN was used, meaning Artificial Light At Night, so it seems we can blame all our LP problems on people called Alan! 😉🤣

Yes, it’s cloudy again….

Yes that article threw me too Stu!

• Haha 1

There was a story a few years back that an american called Al Nino was fed up with being phoned up by irate people who had (mis)heard that "scientists were blaming El Nino" for all the extreme weather events.
I'm sure it's apocryphal, like the London Bridge thing and The Madness of King George.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Zermelo said:

There was a story a few years back that an american called Al Nino was fed up with being phoned up by irate people who had (mis)heard that "scientists were blaming El Nino" for all the extreme weather events.
I'm sure it's apocryphal, like the London Bridge thing and The Madness of King George.

I heard that one too! Suspect it might be true!

15 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Its not my fault but have to admit I dont like the dark, too many monsters about so keep the lights burning inside my house 24/7 but never outside... I do like satellites though.

Alan

Well I’m sitting out here in the dark and haven’t been eaten yet. Mind you it’s cloudy now, Jupiter was looking good earlier so I nearly got the scope out but glad I didn’t bother now. If you don’t hear from me, either a fox or badger got me, or was it a real monster? 😱😱🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3