Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Be kind, its my first!

It's certainly not going to win any awards but its my first half hearted attempt at the Milky Way, I wasnt even going to bother posting it but what the heck!. I was way to busy enjoying just looking up to be honest, its not the best of framing and I dont have a small tracking mount so this is just a very short stack of 5 sec subs. Taken in Bortle 4 skies in Somerset with my Modified Canon 600D and Nikon 50mm at 2.8.

Has it given me the Milky Way bug?, it certainly has so I think a Star adventurer will be on its way soon :)

SomersetMW.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 21

That looks really good. I'm new to this too and using a 50mm lens and a Samyang 135mm lens on a static tripod at the moment. My images aren't great but it's all part of the learning curve - especially the post-processing stuff (currently using GIMP). I think I'll be investing in a Star Adventurer too very soon!   

• Thanks 1