Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bagged 1 from 4 hours!

Set my Canon 700d with a 35 -125mm set at 35mm and used my intervalometer to take 15 sec and 25 sec exposures. I saw approx 6 meteors between 10.15 and 2.15 but managed to get one of them even if it was nearly off the screen, I feel quite chuffed as it's the first Perseid I've imaged.

IMG_9159.JPG

• Like 17

39 minutes ago, johnst said:

Set my Canon 700d with a 35 -125mm set at 35mm and used my intervalometer to take 15 sec and 25 sec exposures. I saw approx 6 meteors between 10.15 and 2.15 but managed to get one of them even if it was nearly off the screen, I feel quite chuffed as it's the first Perseid I've imaged.

IMG_9159.JPG

A score of one each then John !! We can have another match next year ! Nice shot. Trevor

I think you might have bagged two.  Is there not a second, fainter Perseid about halfway up the image on the right hand side?  It looks to my eye more like a meteor trail than a satellite trail when compared to the satellite trail that appears at the top of the image 

Well, I can only see the one but I'm looking on my phone, laptops at home, am in Minehead all week with my 2 grandchildren. Did think about cropping it but then you can see Cassiopeia and Perseus below it and you see the meteor coming from it so may leave it as it is. Apparently it wasn't a very good showing which makes anybody getting a pic even more worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...