Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

At least its something

Trevor N

Lovely to be out there imaging following sunset on the 15th in the warm summer air BUT the seeing was rubbish as several others have noted. This is the best I could pull together using a x2 barlow on an ED100. The smaller craterlets are not there but its a record and there's nothing any of us can do about the atmosphere. Visually, at low power, it was a great sight

theo-area-ED100-June-2021.jpg

Sea-of-Crisis-Ed100-15-06-2.jpg

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Trevor N said:

Thanks for the comment. I think the trouble is you always want to do better if you know the scope has produced more detail in the past. It’s still good fun though and keeps me amused !

Ah yes but atmospheric conditions are the reason NASA had to spend billions to get a scope in space so don't fault yourself my friend.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trevor N said:

Thanks for the comment. I think the trouble is you always want to do better if you know the scope has produced more detail in the past. It’s still good fun though and keeps me amused !

Exactly Trevor Thats what it is to be a imager.. Nicely done

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

Great effort given the seeing Trevor!  Yep...  we take what we can get and make something of it.  Nicely done.  :)

Cheers Mike. I agree. If the seeing is bad just scale things down a bit. There’s always something to image

Edited by Trevor N