Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sadr - Ha five panel mosaic

Adreneline

With short nights and no astro darkness Ha is the only option.

This is a five panel mosaic taken over multiple nights (some nights I only added six frames to one panel) taken with the RedCat + ASI1600MM-Pro at -20 degrees. All exposures were 180s, all unguided on a CEM25EC.

Sadr-Ha-5panel.thumb.jpg.1d32f4b56bb06df1dcd5c50d113f7974.jpg

Pre-processed in APP, processed in PI with ABE, HistogramTransformation, Starnet, more HT, LinearHistogramEqualisation, HDRMultiscaleTransform on the original and ABE and HT only on a clone copy with stars. Original and clone recombined in PixelMath. I have intentionally kept the stars under control to emphasise the nebula structure.

Thanks for looking and all C&C welcomed.

Adrian

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, nephilim said:

Very nice indeed Adrian. I'd say that watching that paint dry all morning was well worth it 😃

Thank you Steve - and of course helping you plan for future investments ;) 

2 minutes ago, AbsolutelyN said:

Super Adrian, very detailed. I tried OIII with the 200mm last night and got much better results that I expected so possibly worth a crack at more than just HA. 

Thank you Tristan. One thing about the RedCat is I can be up and imaging in less than 15 minutes so if a clear spell comes along I might give it a go. Even at mid-nautical darkness the northern sky is barely dark here; at least Sadr is pretty high up at the moment so that helps.

Adrian

• Haha 1

Excellent Adrian!  So much detail across the whole image and just as enjoyable at full resolution.  Good work on the star layer - natural, good blending and a great balance between the "fit to screen view" and the full res.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Excellent Adrian!  So much detail across the whole image and just as enjoyable at full resolution.  Good work on the star layer - natural, good blending and a great balance between the "fit to screen view" and the full res.

Thank you Lee. I think I still need to improve my process(es) for reinstating stars but I'm glad you like it.

Adrian

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Extraordinary!

Thank you Jeremy. This whole Cygnus region is so satisfying to image. Sometimes the trouble is knowing where to stop - especially when NGC 7000 and IC 5070 are just off the field of view!

Adrian