Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon and Venus - 20.20 12th June 2021

Stu

Just a quick one, I have just managed to catch the thin crescent Moon and Venus in the binos and scope. Not easy to find in the bright sky, but with some help from SkySafari I got them.

Not alot of detail of course yet, but Venus shows it’s slight phase. I’ll try to track them as it gets a bit darker.

Slightly tweaked smartphone shot here. Need to clean my eyepiece!

……A little more detail coming through now.

578E909C-E603-47F6-A161-50160D163CFF.jpeg

• Like 5

Nice capture Stu. Was just looking at Venus with the new 4mm Tele Vue delight ep with semi apo filter fitted which brought out Venus pretty well, the moon was better at less magnitude, so used my zoom ep at around 18mm for best views.

• Like 1

🤣🤣

Thanks. Lovely detail coming through now. Venus has just disappeared behind the houses.

Mare Crisium looking quite dramatic, Langrenus and Petavius nice too.

I switched to using binoviewers and preferred those views, often the case now.

4EB485AF-0609-4D6C-B41F-5644C8577D1F.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice work Stu. Not done a great deal of observing of late - keep falling asleep before it gets dark. Anyway decided to view the Moon and Venus with the Heritage 130P with the 10-30mm Svbony zoom and the Nagler 3-6mm zoom. Nice view of Venus and having been picking up the craters on the terminator. Nice to be back in the saddle.

• Like 1