Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eta Carinae wide field SW 72ED

Benklerk

Attached is my most recent image using a skywatcher 72ED on a HEQ5 Pro belt mod. Camera is a ZWO ASI 1600mm with filter wheel. This well be my farewell image to the 72ED as its being replaced the new FLT 91.

This is probably one of my best images to date. Spent quite a lot of time getting the data and processing it.

The Carina Nebula is a large, complex area of bright and dark nebulosity in the constellation Carina, and is located in the Carina–Sagittarius Arm. The nebula lies at an estimated distance between 6,500 and 10,000 light-years from Earth. The nebula is one of the largest diffuse nebulae in our skies. Although it is some four times as large and even brighter than the famous Orion Nebula, the Carina Nebula is much less well known due to its location in the southern sky.

Eta Carinae is a highly luminous hypergiant star. Estimates of its mass range from 100 to 150 times the mass of the Sun, and its luminosity is about four million times that of the Sun.

I have uploaded LRGB, LRGB HA and OIII, SHO, OHS, OHS and a few starless versions.

Image details are attached below

Ben

Image Details.jpg

LRGB.jpg

LRGBHOnew.jpg

OHS starless.jpg

OHS.jpg

OSH.jpg

SHO starless.jpg

SHO.jpg

• Like 20

On 05/06/2021 at 04:02, Benklerk said:

I have uploaded LRGB, LRGB HA and OIII, SHO, OHS, OHS and a few starless versions.

Great set of images Ben - love seeing the variety of different versions.  Those last two for me 👍

• Like 1