NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Long print….

PeterW

Big block for holding disc samples for some colleagues…. 1.5kg. Lucky charms have been set up and votive offerings given to the great gods of 3D printing cockups…. 

Peter

• Haha 2

I weighed the reel before hand. First go had some peel in one corner. Swapped the plate and releveled, I left it running fine. It’s proj to s with reasonable walls and infill, so it won’t break if someone knocks it on the floor. Previous best was 1kg and 72hrs. My printers tend to periodically get grumpy…. But tend to work nicely (most of the time) between bouts.

Peter

I think one of my issues, was the Pi3 that drives the printer, via Octoprint, wanted to do some updates & the underlying OS, also wanted to do a load of updates as well !!  All working much happier, post updates :)

Was still running OK yesterday…. Still one day to go. Slower it down a bit as some vibrations during head travel. I’m not in to check for a few days…. So I don’t jinx it! Then I have to get it off the plate…. Lovely big flat area…. Going to be fun! 😠

Peter

5 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Was still running OK yesterday…. Still one day to go. Slower it down a bit as some vibrations during head travel. I’m not in to check for a few days…. So I don’t jinx it! Then I have to get it off the plate…. Lovely big flat area…. Going to be fun! 😠

Peter

Good stuff. How much filament will it have used??

On 26/05/2021 at 11:23, Gasman said:

Cura , Prusa which slicer peeps? Just curious ,trying to suss out which best to use!

Use Cura and find it seems to do everything I need. Being able to vary the infill within a print is v. useful (e.g. 100% on a load-bearing bit and minimum infill on the rest ...) 

Haven't tried Prusa so can't comment... 

• Like 1