Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Arzachel and friends

neil phillips

Just for fun re running 2016  SW 300p ASI 290M Data. 571 frames each. 4 pane mosaic. Autostakkert box 24. 9000 map points each pane. Registax linear wavelet 2 only. Further sharpening light levels and noise reduction image analyzer size 100%

ARZACHEL ALPHONSUS PTOLEMAEUS.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 11

30 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Wow that is a real stunner Neil.... such fine detail being resolved. 9000 alignment points must have took ages to run in Autostakkert?! 

Not too long actually Craig, i am using a 8 core AMD Ryzen 7 chipped lappy got it nearly a year ago. These can be faster than a Intel i 7

Cheers Craig. Even my Orion struggled to get this kind of resolution. If you can lift them and mount them. worth getting secondhand.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Not too long actually Craig, i am using a 8 core AMD Ryzen 7 chipped lappy got it nearly a year ago. These can be faster than a Intel i 7

Cheers Craig. Even my Orion struggled to get this kind of resolution. If you can lift them and mount them. worth getting secondhand.

Well... I've gone and bought the old blue 300p that was in the classifieds. Really excited to get it pointed at the moon! 

• Like 1

Will go on EQ6 for now (on short pier). See how I get on with that. It's heavier than my fullerscope but crucially it is shorter

Edit: just ran the lever arm calcs and the 300p comes to 78Nm whilst Fullerscope is 61Nm. Will be quite a bit more difficult for the old EQ6 to throw around 😕

Edited by CraigT82

1 hour ago, CraigT82 said:

Will go on EQ6 for now (on short pier). See how I get on with that. It's heavier than my fullerscope but crucially it is shorter

Edit: just ran the lever arm calcs and the 300p comes to 78Nm whilst Fullerscope is 61Nm. Will be quite a bit more difficult for the old EQ6 to throw around 😕

My Neq6 pro could take it but might not have liked it. Regardless rules are there to be broken if you can get the result. Anyway good luck. And cool that sucker with fans big time. i had one at the front and the back for a primary fan sandwich 

• Like 1