Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Activity today

mog3768

Yes, I had a nice little session at lunchtime. The AR looked excellent in both white light and Ha, and some lovely proms as has been said. The Eiffel Tower one and another much brighter arcing one down towards the bottom. Cloudy here now though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kitsunegari said:

If you hold the shift button on your keyboard; and press print screen button on your keyboard;   You can then open up a paint app and paste a screen shot from the clip board :)   (ctrl+V)

I use the 'Windows' logo key + 'Print Screen' keys. It saves the images in... 'This PC' --> 'Pictures' --> 'Screenshots' directory in Windows 10.

For Mac OS X it is 'shift' + 'command' + '3' keys. If you see the thumbnail in the corner of your screen/monitor, click it to edit the screenshot or wait for it to be saved to your desktop.

This article https://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Linux shows you how to get a screenshot using Linux.

• Like 1

It took its time to clear here and at first in the little gaps I could see the bright prom only. Then as the bigger gaps came, I got to see a nice big sort of arc-shaped prom - a bit faint and it took me a mo until I could see it more clearly. I would guess it was about four to five times as tall as the bright prom. The AR looked interesting too. I had a look in white light after and it was sweet, some nice little sunspot "fragments".  Hopefully bigger and better spots to come this summer!

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1

Yes for those who are wanting to know the sunspot group is 2814

If I wasn't working I'd be looking at that one as much as possible. 

White light only for me. Not got H-alpha or anything else like that as yet. Funds won't allow it atm but might be able to start saving towards that soon or will have to wait a few years til I get my pension coming in and any necessities out of the way 😢

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kitsunegari said:

If you hold the shift button on your keyboard; and press print screen button on your keyboard;   You can then open up a paint app and paste a screen shot from the clip board :)   (ctrl+V)

I'm too  lazy to play finger-twister and just use Paintshop Pro 5 and 7 and use the screenshot facility in that. Has the advantage of of being able to export to most picture formats 😃

• Like 1