NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Takahashi and Berlebach group hug

1 minute ago, Commanderfish said:

What do you use the FS60 for, Jeremy? You have so much choice!

Well, tbh I have two. One is permanently mounted on the C11 in the observatory and is used for wide field CCD imaging (most recently on Nova Cas).

The other one is sometimes used with a Quark for Halpha solar. But normally used in FS 60 Q mode (as it is in the pic on the edge of the table) for wonderful visual obs. It’s a very versatile instrument.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JeremyS said:

L to R

TSA 120, AZEQ 6, Planet

FC 100 DZ, AZ100, Uni 28

FC 76 DCU, ScopeTech Zero, Report 312

on table: FS 60Q

Berlebach Charon seat

image.thumb.jpg.670e3632460f410709dd5ba42d29b5d3.jpg

... wonderful!..and best of all, not a handle in sight! (apart from on the Charon seat - still visible despite Jeremy's attempt to hide it in a side-on view!)😂🤣.

Dave

Edited by F15Rules
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

The other one is sometimes used with a Quark for Halpha solar. But normally used in FS 60 Q mode (as it is in the pic on the edge of the table) for wonderful visual obs. It’s a very versatile instrument.

What objects do you view with the FS60Q?

3 minutes ago, Commanderfish said:

What objects do you view with the FS60Q?

Pretty much the range, but mainly Moon and brighter DSO, especially open star clusters. Grab and go. Not tried on planets, but I suspect it’s a bit too small to do much there (although I’ve seen reports of great Jupiter obs with the FOA 60 Q - I’d love to try one of those, the most highly corrected of the Tak range)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

... wonderful!..and best of all, not a handle in sight! (apart from on the Charon seat - still visible despite Jeremy's attempt to hide it in a side-on view!)😂🤣.

Dave

I airbrushed them out Dave as I knew you’d pick me up 🤣

It has been pointed out that the FC 76 DCU on the right has an otherworldly glow in the pic. Well, it is a Tak..... 🤣👍🏻

Edited by JeremyS
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Pretty much the range, but mainly Moon and brighter DSO, especially open star clusters. Grab and go. Not tried on planets, but I suspect it’s a bit too small to do much there (although I’ve seen reports of great Jupiter obs with the FOA 60 Q - I’d love to try one of those, the most highly corrected of the Tak range)

How does the 60 compare to the 76 for wide fields?

I presume you wear a white coat when surrounded by so much of that famous 'hospital green?'

A very fine sight in any event. I get a lot of stick for having an FSQ106N in my linen cupboard but there's nothing odd about that. Is there?

Olly

• Haha 3