M82 and some IFN, mixed UV/IR and narrowband NBZ

fwm891

The integration time on this image has now reached 6hrs 10mins, and probably the final sub count.

This one has been processed entirely in PI using a luminace mask to help control both the background and foreground areas.

Total subs: 37 all 600secs durations

Scope: RASA 8

Mount iOptron CEM60 Standard

Camera: SAi 533 Pro, Cooled OSC

Filters: Baader UV/IR Cut (luminance filter) and an IDAS NBZ (multiband for OSC)

Guiding TS 80mm guider with ASi120mm camera and PHD2 (Rev4?)

Capture and scope control: SG Pro

Processing: PI

M82_IFN_18x 600s_020421.png

Edited by fwm891
text added m- image changed
  • Like 14

Nice image Francis - I like the structure of the IFN showing through.

I found @gorann's advice to use EZ Star Reduction in PI to be advantageous with my IFN attempt. (I also tried using EZ Noise Reduction but I couldn't get it to work).

There is no doubt that IFN imaging is a real challenge.

Adrian

Edited by Adreneline
URL link added

Nice image Francis! Still a bit noisy but maybe you are fighting light pollution and IFN is really faint, so it is a tough task. What is your Bortle / SQM?

Since the RASA only has one mirror, all images are mirror images so I first had some problem orienting myself in your image. I always flip mine when processing😉

10 hours ago, gorann said:

Nice image Francis! Still a bit noisy but maybe you are fighting light pollution and IFN is really faint, so it is a tough task. What is your Bortle / SQM?

Since the RASA only has one mirror, all images are mirror images so I first had some problem orienting myself in your image. I always flip mine when processing😉

Hi Goran - I'm under Bortle 4 skies.

I keep forgetting to flip images from the RASA.  Your IFN image containing M81-M82, have you dropped in another image of 81/82 onto your IFN image to retain the details?