Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Evostar 120 30th March

neil phillips

Shooting around 25 degrees elevation so quite low. Probably should have captured in IR 850. But colour is sharper so wanted to see the EVO optics how my eye has been accustomed to recently. Captured on a very old EQ3 head. on a EQ1 tripod. With no drives. I needed more weights to balance the EVO but dont have any yet. So wait for it i used a hammer parcel taped to the shaft (no this is not a joke lol) Anyway welcome to my Frankenstein creation. I call it Frankenhammer 

Thanks goes to Johninderby for suggesting laser collimation to me for the EVO Thanks also go to Freddie who has helped me a lot over the years. And Stusmartcookie who sold and hand delivered the EVO to me. Thanks guys. The frac looks promising considering everything ive mentioned It took 18 panes as the pieces were thin. using no drives

Reprocess light levels and sharpening 2nd image

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00800.jpg

template.png

EVOSTAR SHARPER.png 2.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Awesome Neil!!  I love my 120ED.  Thought I would never replace it.  I expect you will get great enjoyment from it.  Lunar binoviewing fabulous on it.  

LOVE the hammer!  🤣

Clear skies!

Mike

Edited by WestCoastCannuck
Clarity

5 hours ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

Awesome Neil!!  I love my 120ED.  Thought I would never replace it.  I expect you will get great enjoyment from it.  Lunar binoviewing fabulous on it.  

LOVE the hammer!  🤣

Clear skies!

Mike

Cheers Mike.  Though this is the achromatic 120. Would love a ED

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Luke said:

Wow, undriven. Very nice. Good work by the Frankenhammer.

Lol cheers Luke. Hopefully me and frank will be parting company in the not too distant future. Hope i dont need to drive a nail before then. You know how sticky that tape is ?

Like the good doctor himself i am going to pay for this creation.

Edited by neil phillips
  • Haha 2