NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

E L panels

Grierson

5 minutes ago, Grierson said:

Could any member suggest a supplier of reasonably priced E L Panels? I’m looking for a panel 24cm x 24cm excluding the connector. Many thanks.

I bought a round one from Aliexpress with the 12v inverter for £22 posted...worth a look...👍🏼

There’s a seller on Etsy called Lightkraft who has 10” circular panels- I just ordered one- but he’s in US so quite high postage but he seems a nice bloke to deal with. 

18 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

I bought a round one from Aliexpress with the 12v inverter for £22 posted...worth a look...👍🏼

Hi Stuart, was it a custom panel they made for you? What diameter? I had a look but most seemed to say they wouldn’t ship to uk. Do you remember the sellers name?

Mark

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Just avoid the Aurora panels at all cost. The thin, rigid wires soon break. We went through three of the wretched things here, one a very large, expensive one.

The Geoptik is the best I've tried.

Olly

This is great to know as I have just bought the Geoptik 164mm version, so can I ask where do you have the dimmer set...as I found it seems to go from  very dim, and then slowly gets brighter, then suddenly jumps to the brightest, it’s not the smoothest of dimmers, seems not to have much adjustment at the bright end, or is it just mine...?.

1 hour ago, Stuart1971 said:

This is great to know as I have just bought the Geoptik 164mm version, so can I ask where do you have the dimmer set...as I found it seems to go from  very dim, and then slowly gets brighter, then suddenly jumps to the brightest, it’s not the smoothest of dimmers, seems not to have much adjustment at the bright end, or is it just mine...?.

You'll like it, I think. I doubt that you'll want to be anywhere near the bright end. I'm usually right down near the dimmest where the variable control is fairly progessive. That isn't just on my kit, either, since I periodically do flats with my robotic clients on their various rigs. I like the fact that you leave the panel securely in place knowing it won't fall off or become displaced.

Olly

• Thanks 1