NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter

OXO

Well it finally cleared for 2hrs last night and was my first chance to observe and image Jupiter with the small F/5 Celestron Refractor.

Observation wise it was stunning for such a small scope both north and south EQ zones were easyly observed as was fine detail towards the poles, GRS was very prominatnt too. From an imagine perspective Jupiter with the Toucam was extemely small being 80mm and F/5 i was expecting as much. So i managed to push the scope up with 2x 2 barlows stacked this gave a nice image scale for this scope as you can see in the Pic.

Seeing condtions were 4/10 transpancy 6/10 CA in the scope was visable but no were near as bad as i had expected which was good.

Thanks

James

Thanks Rog,

I would have no chance at all were i used to live but the oberservable sky here lets me see the southen sky much much better(Were all the good stuff is hehe).

Look forward to imaging it with the Meade :shock: :lol:

James :jupiter:

Hi Mark,

It's easyly done with Jupiter esp after Stacking my raw frame images are barely visable but iam using the Toucam(Are you?), another problem with imaging jupiter is you can get a circular band effect surround the outter edges of the planet...

Theres a way to kill that though using the lasso tool in photoshop and selecting the ring effect then adding some Guass blur :lol:

Thanks Mark/Martin 2

James :)

Hi Mark,

It's easyly done with Jupiter esp after Stacking my raw frame images are barely visable but iam using the Toucam(Are you?), another problem with imaging jupiter is you can get a circular band effect surround the outter edges of the planet...

Theres a way to kill that though using the lasso tool in photoshop and selecting the ring effect then adding some Guass blur :lol:

Thanks Mark/Martin 2

James :)

Not yet I'm still taking pics with my afocal system but I'm hoping to get the Toucam soon, I have the laptop for the job now and I got my eye on a cam or 2 on ebay,

I'm hoping to have the system up for the S P so you guys can give some advice I hope.

Mark

Well done James...You little tinker you!!

Another superb image...

Jupiter is my target this weekend....Yes folks i'm actually off for the weekend after working for 24 days!!

I'll give it a go and post the results..Hopefully it will be half as good as Mr. Dyson's and anything better than my Saturn pics.

Greg (Assistant Gaffer)

Archived