NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

BBC Sky at night magazine

Sluke321

Hi all,

We have just subscribed to BBC Sky at night for 3 months at a cost of £5 on offer.

In the first magazine is a further offer of 24 months for the price of 12 (£52.80). Seems like a great price to me. The offer says expires 28th Feb.

My question is do I need to rush into this or is this offer available in all the issues/all of the time?

I’m hoping there are some regular readers out there who may know. Thanks

6 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Is that for the printed version ?

If so that is an absolute bargain 🙂 

Steve

Yes, the printed version. It's so shockingly cheap I doubt I'll ever unsub. 😉

24 months for the price of 12 is still a good offer though.

I got mine from:

https://www.buysubscriptions.com/

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 1

That really is an amazing bargain. It's not my favorite astro mag, but at that price..... I just pick up occasional copies in the supermarket (the only astro mag they do!) I prefered Astronomy Now, but the only newsagent round here that stocked it went belly up last year, and I didn't fancy a subscription.

David

21 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Yes, the printed version. It's so shockingly cheap I doubt I'll ever unsub. 😉

24 months for the price of 12 is still a good offer though.

I got mine from:

https://www.buysubscriptions.com/

Ha Ha no not at that price.
I bet they wish you would cancel as it probably costs that in postage (or more).

Steve

8 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Yea true. I don't remember the small print. Afaik it's lifetime. I'll find out in the autumn when the third year is debited.

I got my for the same price, and it renewed at £16.50 in November. The deal I took was a promotion code in one the free Sky at Night backyard digital supplements - so worth keeping an eye out for one of those.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rekrab said:

LibrariesNI here have an eMagazine section which allows you to download the latest magazine and keep. Might be worth checking if your local council library offers a similar service.

Yes we have that here in Staffordshire through the RB Digital app. I subscribe to both Sky at Night and Astronomy (U.S) magazines. You can archive back issues in the cloud and just download the current issue to your device to save on storage.

On 24/01/2021 at 08:36, Skywatcher130 said:

Yes we have that here in Staffordshire through the RB Digital app. I subscribe to both Sky at Night and Astronomy (U.S) magazines. You can archive back issues in the cloud and just download the current issue to your device to save on storage.

That's the one! I couldn't remember the name of the app. Interestingly, I only have the option for Sky at Night here. It must be down to what the local council has to offer.

I get my electronic versions via a subscription to readly which is 7.99 a month.  Granted quite a lot more money, but if you are interested in other magazines too (and newspapers) its not bad.  Can also split cost with friends and family.

• 5 months later...

If you're willing to read it on a tablet (Android or iPad) and read other magazines then I'd second the recommendation for Readly. It lets me dip into a whole lot of magazines that I wouldn't if I had to buy them individually and the missus looks at a whole different selection again. I think you can have up to 5 devices on the same account. £7.99 a month is more or less 1 1/2 paper magazines at today's prices so it doesn't take much to break even...

6 minutes ago, chrispj said:

If you're willing to read it on a tablet (Android or iPad) and read other magazines then I'd second the recommendation for Readly. It lets me dip into a whole lot of magazines that I wouldn't if I had to buy them individually and the missus looks at a whole different selection again. I think you can have up to 5 devices on the same account. £7.99 a month is more or less 1 1/2 paper magazines at today's prices so it doesn't take much to break even...

Libby is free.  I can view on tablet or phone but also on 27" Mac using app free version.  Impressed.