Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Camera pricing

@Tiny Clanger why not get a cheap second hand canon model body and use your existing Nikon lenses as I expect you might have some some really great lenses from your pro kit. The flange focal distance supports Nikon lenses on a canon body with an adaptor which are fairly cheap.

Though I have seen some great images with the 5000 series Nikon cameras, so perhaps have a dig around before with reference to what you already own before making decisions.

Edited by happy-kat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, happy-kat said:

@Tiny Clanger why not get a cheap second hand canon model body and use your existing Nikon lenses as I expect you might have some some really great lenses from your pro kit. The flange focal distance supports Nikon lenses on a canon body with an adaptor which are fairly cheap.

Though I have seen some great images with the 5000 series Nikon cameras, so perhaps have a dig around before with reference to what you already own before making decisions.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not going to get involved in the photo side, I'm not able to afford the kind of kit I'd need to do a proper job by my standards, plus it really just doesn't seem to me an attractive thing to do to me, I'd rather spend my time looking through a simple 'scope on an alt az.!

• Like 2

+1 for the 60D, the usual recommendation for a starter camera used to be the 600D but since the release of the 60D upgrades i.e. the 70/80/90D the used price has become very attractive and its a whole lot better in build and performance over any of the ****D or ***D models...

Look at WEX and MPB photographic for used bargains with decent warranty etc.

Alan

• Like 1

Canon's naming system for their camera products is utterly bewildering.

I'm finally get my head around it but it's a bonkers system. I'm sure if you are in the ecosystem you just get it but as an outsider looking in its pretty awful!

2 minutes ago, Toaster05 said:

Canon's naming system for their camera products is utterly bewildering.

I'm finally get my head around it but it's a bonkers system. I'm sure if you are in the ecosystem you just get it but as an outsider looking in its pretty awful!

Its simple realy, the fewer the digits the better the camera and the higher the number in the range the newer it is.

Alan

Rather annoyingly missed out on a Canon 70D this even by a measly £2 when my eBay app crashed with 25seconds to go.

I've noticed there is a 60D on Wex body only for £275. I'm to understand the prices have shifted a bit what with the state of the world but does that seem reasonable?

I could pick up a prime lens to start off with and get to know the camera.

Edited by Toaster05
Correcting my bad information.

4 minutes ago, Toaster05 said:

Rather annoyingly missed out on a Canon 7D this even by a measly £2 when my eBay app crashed with 25seconds to go.

I've noticed there is a 6D on Wex body only for £275. I'm to understand the prices have shifted a bit what with the state of the world but does that seem reasonable?

I could pick up a prime lens to start off with and get to know the camera.

That seems too Cheap to me, would expect to pay £380-450 for a good one..or perhaps more.

Alan

4 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

ahh that's a common misconception on the bay as the high bid could have been much more but the system only increments in small steps.

I had put in a bid and then decided to put in a covering bid I could see that the person that won nudged it by £2. Ce la vie.