Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter and Saturn in the same FOV of Heritage 130P

Mark at Beaufort

Rubbish picture, but this is through the Leica eyepiece in the Tak I think, field of view about 1.5 degrees. Much nicer visually of course. Probably sharper through the 24mm Panoptic though. Titan showed up visually but I didn’t catch it in the image.

BAB5A12B-AF38-4FA0-B0E3-60B05DE05302.jpeg

DE8ED66B-3981-418E-B772-494E3869658E.jpeg

• Like 3

Clear in Hereford so had another look with the Heritage. I used the 10mm Celestron Untima Duo 68 degrees both Planets nicely placed in the FOV. I then had a quick close up of Jupiter then Saturn using the 9mm Fujiyama + Baader 2.25x barlow - mag - 162x. Image not totally stable but a nice view all the same.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, John said:

Little or no chance here tonight. 99% cloud cover :rolleyes2:

Just managed to get them from an upstairs bedroom window, with the naked eye, through a gap in the clouds which are starting to break up a bit.

• Like 1

First time I've seen any clear sky in days. Looked very nice through a break conveniently in the SW. Took my phone out and got a quick handheld in night mode...too low to use anything else.  Gives a good idea of the present apparition. Here is hoping we get some clear skies in the coming week.

conj.jpg

• Like 4

I've spotted them again tonight, I think it's the third night in a row the clouds have parted obligingly. I must have been a good boy. Sadly, their position now is such that my best hope is the bedroom window and binoculars and a short opportunity. Too low and too badly positioned for me to make a scope practical. There's small park nearby which I may brave on the 21st, clouds permitting but it'll be soggy to say the least.