Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope availability

Jiggy 67

I know availability has been really low in recent months but I was shocked to see FLO’s new section of available telescopes on the website......only 2 available across the whole site!!! .....unbelievable!

Obviously it’s not FLO’s fault, it’s the state of the industry at the moment but even when stocks start to return the backlog will be massive 

• Like 1

A lot of models do seem to be out of stock, but they still have some others showing as in stock, like the Esprit Triplet:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/esprit-professional-refractors/skywatcher-esprit-ed-100-pro-triplet.html

Or howzabout a Takahashi?:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/takahashi-fsq-85-series-refractor-telescopes/takahashi-fsq-85edx-f5-3-quadruplet-petzval-apo-refractor.html

("Sorry but they were out of stock of the much cheaper scope I wanted! I had to settle for this Takahashi instead.")

Anyway, which scope was tempting you?!

I've been sorely tempted by the Skywatcher ED150, but thankfully that is out of stock again. But yikes, more are on the way. Please buy 'em up!!!

Edited by Luke

11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Anyway, which scope was tempting you?!

I was just browsing. I’ve actually got a SW 100 ED on order, been waiting months but it now says 10-15 days for delivery (I realize that’s just a guide), my first ever frac....so that should be interesting 🤔 

I looked at the 150, but it’s a beast! 😀 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John said:

On the plus side, there will be a tidal wave of used equipment for sale in due course ........ :smiley:

Good point.  There are a few things I'd not mind picking up on the used market.  I'd best start making a list.  And given the time of year, obviously I'll check it twice.

James

• Like 1

Is that the F9 SW100? I have one, it is a fantastic telescope! I really love it. What a great first frac!

Yeah the 150 does look a bit big!!! But it niggles me. It would be the largest I would go with a frac and would complete my frac lineup I think (60, 85, 100, 120). Soooo tempting! I have no funds for it but I must have something I can sell!!!

If buying my fracs again I think I would buy the ED100 first. It's a bit long but light and I use it a lot, especially for solar with solar safety filters, and it goes nicely on a giro mount too for quick setup. Doesn't seem to take long to cool down.

I hope it is not too long until you get  the 100ED and they forget to put the clouds in the package!

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jiggy 67 said:

I know availability has been really low in recent months but I was shocked to see FLO’s new section of available telescopes on the website......only 2 available across the whole site!!! .....unbelievable!

Obviously it’s not FLO’s fault, it’s the state of the industry at the moment but even when stocks start to return the backlog will be massive 

It’s a crazy state of affairs. But it has actually had a unexpected benefit for me. I wanted a 100mm APO for visual and placed an order for a SW 100ED - after months of waiting I finally cancelled the order and decided to pay more than my original budget for a more ‘premium’  alternative that was in stock (and arrived next day!) It’s turned out to be such a superb scope and I never would have considered it without this bizarre situation!

Edited by RobertI
  • Like 3