Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AR2781 Sketch

Alan White

Just grabbed a look at developing AR2781 after checking on spaceweather.
Has a not able face quality about it, can anyone else see the carrot nose??

Sorry image is grabbed from the pad with my phone as rushing as meant to be working!  Shhhhh, dont tell anyone.

IMG_1866.thumb.JPG.f03b8d7f75c591900511207874db24a7.JPG

• Like 12

I've just started sketching it with the ZS70 and Lunt wedge.

Really nice to see a nice complex region coming onto the disc.

I've had the binoviewers on it as well and there are a load of small spots and pores in the penumbral areas that aren't the main sunspot.

I'll post my sketches in a bit. Glad that you managed to get a cheeky look Mr White 😉 your secret is safe with me. 🤣

• Like 1

Nice sketch Ade, it's just disappeared behind the rooftops here but got a lot of images so can't complain, soon get to the month or so where I can't  really get it at all. typical as it's coming to life.

Dave

9 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Nice sketch Ade, it's just disappeared behind the rooftops here but got a lot of images so can't complain, soon get to the month or so where I can't  really get it at all. typical as it's coming to life.

Dave

Thanks Dave, it was the post from yesterday and Alan's post earlier that made me get the kit out.

Was going to view in Ha as well but by the time I'd finished due to one thing and another the sun was behind the trees.

Checking my notebook, it looks like a month since I've last observed the sun.

Love viewing in WL when there is activity, but looking forward to viewing in Ha tomorrow if I get set up early.

• Like 1

I was hoping to get a cheeky look at lunch today but have been far too busy.

I saw that it had grown when I checked helioviewer this morning, but am slightly gutted I couldn't get a look myself.

Well, there is always tomorrow. Glad others managed to get a look though.

• Like 1

Good stuff Alan - really nice detail you’ve captured. The Sun is too low for much of the day here in London at this time of year, so I still haven’t seen the latest active region. Driving me mad! Just means I have to get up earlier and try and observe before settling down to work. But thanks to Gong, your sketches and those of others on the site I can always follow what’s happening.
It’s absolutely fascinating watching the new cycle rev up. I bought my first white light filter (and ha solar scope) in spring 2014, when Cycle 24 was still delivering the goods. So haven’t had the privilege of watching activity grow with a new cycle before. Looks like we have an exciting few years ahead.

• Like 1