Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crater Peary

Mike JW

I have waited for five months to get crater Peary as lies very close to the Lunar North Pole. I had to wait for a clear spell and a decent libration. It was well worth the wait. Apparently some of its well worn mountain peaks are in permanent daylight. (Peary was a polar explorer).

This sketch completes my Lunar 100 tour - all objects sketched. Do I now work my way through the Lunar 200? Probably not as I have so many other astro journeys that I wish to pursue. This may well be my 'swan song' - I shall see............

Scoresby is the bottom crater, then Challis/Main, chunky Byrd and finally Peary which blends into Florey on the right. Proportions/perspective not quite right.

Mike

696182841_CraterPeary.thumb.jpg.16c6a66128a54196284cf74dd1eed7de.jpg

• Like 9

Wow that's great, and quite an achievement to sketch the whole 100! Well done. 

Do you have them all together in a sketchpad or book? I recently decided to copy all my sketches (not that I have many so far) into one book.

Maybe the messier or caldwell lists next?

• Thanks 1