NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eyepieces, Barlows and FOV - How does it work? (Video)

Corpze

Hi, i have made a video where i show a coople of eyepieces that i use and like, and also show how a barlow works, compared to the "Powermate" from Televue. And how is the FOV affected when changing the magnification with different eyepieces?

Feel free to comment and give me feedback - I hope you like the video!
/Daniel

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

today i tried out adding extensions to my luminos 2.5x barlow.    I used 50mm extension increments before the camera.   Did not calculate any field of view or anything, but you can see at the camera what happens in real life.    (basler 1920-155um)

Doing this with a calcium filter focused on the sun, i dont have the skies for night time stuff.    

5x was 200mm of extension on the camera nose.

seq-1.gif

Edited by Kitsunegari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/08/2021 at 04:05, Kitsunegari said:

today i tried out adding extensions to my luminos 2.5x barlow.    I used 50mm extension increments before the camera.   Did not calculate any field of view or anything, but you can see at the camera what happens in real life.    (basler 1920-155um)

Doing this with a calcium filter focused on the sun, i dont have the skies for night time stuff.    

5x was 200mm of extension on the camera nose.

seq-1.gif

That looks very good! I haven't tried to add distance to any barlow myself, but it seems to work out just fine :)

/Daniel