Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1805

mackiedlm

Continuing to play with this different way of processing L-Enhance data. This heart is from data captured a few weeks ago.

EOS700Da, SW 80ED, NEQ6
100 X 180s ISO1600
L-Enhance Filter

I really cant make up my mind about this - it feels strange producing this type of image from a DSLR - but I do like the colours in the images. Mostly!

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Heart_HOO_r2.thumb.png.461634a779b3cf9074ea181a7d2cbfd5.png

• Like 12

Read to the bottom because you can do it without PI.

So initial splitting of the channels was in APP using the "extract Ha and Oiii" algorithms. Further processing was indeed in PI following this 

BUT.. I'm pretty sure you could do it in Photoshop if you know your way around it. Copy out the R & B channels, work them separately using levels and curves. For recombine if you have carbonis actions that would work but if you are good with PS I expect you'd do it manually. Watch the video, and I'm sure you will be able to translate it to your own application.

Good luck and do post your result.

Edited by mackiedlm
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, mackiedlm said:

Read to the bottom because you can do it without PI.

So initial splitting of the channels was in APP using the "extract Ha and Oiii" algorithms. Further processing was indeed in PI following this 

BUT.. I'm pretty sure you could do it in Photoshop if you know your way around it. Copy out the R & B channels, work them separately using levels and curves. For recombine if you have carbonis actions that would work but if you are good with PS I expect you'd do it manually. Watch the video, and I'm sure you will be able to translate it to your own application.

Good luck and do post your result.

Thanks I'll take a look, I have the photoshop action set as well so I'll have a play around. Is the splitting of the channels done on the linear data? 

1 hour ago, Stuf1978 said:

Thanks I'll take a look, I have the photoshop action set as well so I'll have a play around. Is the splitting of the channels done on the linear data? 

In App yes. I don't know if you can split channels in DSS. But in PS  I'm not sure what the best way would be. I'd probably do a first stretch to see what I had, crop, then pull the individual channel data at that point. But I've not done it so...?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mackiedlm said:

In App yes. I don't know if you can split channels in DSS. But in PS  I'm not sure what the best way would be. I'd probably do a first stretch to see what I had, crop, then pull the individual channel data at that point. But I've not done it so...?

Thanks, that's something to start from. Can always download the trial version of APP and see how I get on. 👍

2 minutes ago, alan potts said:

Lovely shot there. I got rid of my L ehance filter as I didn't like, had I have known you could do that I may well have kept it, live and learn.

Alan

Thanks Alan. Yes I know what you mean. I've not had mine that long and while I like the images I've done with it so far I've felt they were a bit, I don't know, uninspiring? But being able to take images with LP and even some moon made it worthwhile. And this adds another dimension to it altogether.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stuf1978 said:

Thanks, that's something to start from. Can always download the trial version of APP and see how I get on. 👍

Personally I can't rate APP enough. It does a great job of stacking, it allows a high degree of flexibility for calibration frames, and the gradient removal and colour calibration are superb if you are taking them in to PS.

I'm new to pixinsight but have tried it for pre processing but I think i will continue stacking with APP

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Synchronicity said:

WHat a fantastic image!  Is this the type of filter you are using? https://www.firstlightoptics.com/light-pollution-reduction-imaging/optolong-l-enhance-narrowband-deep-sky-imaging-filter.html ?   I might need to ask Santa for one 🙂

Michael

Yes thats the one. There is a new one, the l-extreme which has narrower bandpass and is getting great reviews. But I have seen it mentioned that it may not work as well on DSLR (what I use). But you should ask around.

• Thanks 1