Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron skymaster 20x80 or 15x70

Nair al Saif

I have the 20x80, it’s not just the weight of holding them for a prolonged period of time, it’s trying to hold them steady enough to make viewing worthwhile.  Ok on the moon for a quick look, anything other than that and you need tripod to hold them steady

I've applied two solutions for holding my own 70mm binoculars. One was to make a triangular frame from a neighbour's discarded Zimmer frame, with the bins attached to a top bracket. Bicycle handle bar grips were push onto the tube bottoms.

The second very comfy solution was to make a binocular mirror mount. This is a supremely comfortable way to scan the skies, if we don't mind an inverted image. A Newtonian reflector inverts the image and nobody seems to object to that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

'Hate to be a naysayer, but there are thousands of words on the various bino forums concerning the difficulty in finding one that is collimated or keeping it that way. All that glitters is not gold; all that is cheap is not a value.

Bill

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Skymaster 25x70, Whilst it's quite lightweight and easy to hold, The 25x mag is hard to keep still enough to hand hold!!

spacer.png

I also bought a Swallow 15x80, These are quite heavy compared to the Celestrons but a little more steady, The image is much less lively!

spacer.png

John 👍