Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eastern Veil

Rustang

Well my target the other night was the North American Nebula but due to merdian flip limit issues! I went on to the Eastern Veil Nebula. I'm pleased I did because what a beautiful target. 5hrs worth of 5min subs, SW 72 ED DS PRO with Optolong L Enhance filter doing a great job, Astro modified Canon 600D and calibration frames.

I'm pretty pleased with the final image, was a little difficult to process, the background mainly which still isant great due to the banding but for a first attempt I'm happy.

EastenVeilsbluemall-1.JPG

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 16

I decided to give Astro pixel processor ago so downloaded the 30 day trail. I definitely feel there is a different in the image than the above which was stacked in DSS, there's more details that's certainly come through the stack. What do you think!?

NewEastVeilAPP-1.JPG

• Like 4

Agreed - a much improved image.

I use APP for all my calibration, registration and integration; I find it so much easier to use than PI and to me the results are indistinguishable although I am prepared to accept that is down to my inept use of PI. I then take the masters into PI for background extraction, noise reduction and stretching to non-linear. After that I've started using PI and/or Affinity, as PS no longer runs on my MacBook Pro.

Adrian

52 minutes ago, smr said:

Definitely improved, DSS just stacks the subs on top of eachother though doesn't it ? Surely you'd have been able to pull out the same detail in PP.

Maybe, but i would have had to stretch the crap out of it and i dont think it was there anyway! The extra detail was basically just there after APP stacked it so it didnt take much finishing in PS. To be honest I may have something not selected properly in DSS so that maybe why but I'm still very much learning all of this so probably wouldn't know what that was!.

Edited by Rustang

It must be as the tiff file I'm getting out of App hardly needs doing anything to finish. I have also re done my Heart Nebula and it's also done a better job of that as well. What ever it's doing its bringing more detail forward and just adding a little extra pop to the image. The extra clarity in the details is the real difference I'm seeing and makes for a better image. 

Heart re stack below. I'm really pleased with both images. 

snapseed-06.jpeg