Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cave, Bubble and M52 - to name but a few

Adreneline

This is 24 x 180s of Ha, OIII and SII combined as R-50/50 Ha/SII : G-40/60 Ha/OIII : B-OIII.

Taken with ASI1600MM + Samyang 135mm unguided.

1827641237_Cave-5h5s_4h6o_o-clonelumdfine.thumb.jpg.bb2138f0e5b651610d4da5bbec408fee.jpg

Centred on HD 218375 the fov contains quite a few interesting objects including the Cave Nebula and the Bubble Nebula.

1134588138_Cave-5h5s_4h6o_o-clonelumdfine-annotated.thumb.jpg.5ac99cf1702a70ff728e5d39137bfc3c.jpg

It doesn't do to pixel-peep too much because of the significant undersampling but there again I'm quite pleased the Bubble can be clearly identified if you crop and zoom.

1254659243_Bubble_crop-5h5s_4h6o_o-clonelumdfine.thumb.jpg.61c6f9733b5600b7c7fb9707af3a4394.jpg

As ever all comments welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Great image and fov, that 135 is a great lens.

Thank you! I love my 135mm - I really like the wide field of view and seeing objects in context and in relation to one another.

I'm just setting up my 6" RC for a first night of imaging. The fov couldn't be more different - the Bubble fills the fov!

Adrian

7 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

Thank you! I love my 135mm - I really like the wide field of view and seeing objects in context and in relation to one another.

I'm just setting up my 6" RC for a first night of imaging. The fov couldn't be more different - the Bubble fills the fov!

Adrian

Nice, looking forward to seeing that.

Lovely shot indeed! I really should put my Samyang 135 more to work. One problem with it, and as Kinch suggested, is that with such a wide field you will finally one day run out of object as it covers such a waste area and almost all good targets are in the Milky way. Of course, at that point of time you could always move to the southern hemisphere😉

23 minutes ago, alan potts said:

A lovely wide field shot, so much to see there and so nicely done.

Thank you Alan - I am pleased you like it. There is a lot going on in Cassiopeia and Cepheus and a lot of stuff my image solver doesn't identify. Maybe someone knows how to get PI to include all the Sh2 nebula and will enlighten me.

Thanks again.

Adrian

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gorann said:

Lovely shot indeed! I really should put my Samyang 135 more to work. One problem with it, and as Kinch suggested, is that with such a wide field you will finally one day run out of object as it covers such a waste area and almost all good targets are in the Milky way. Of course, at that point of time you could always move to the southern hemisphere😉

At that point, it would be time to stitch them together into an all-sky panorama. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gorann said:

you will finally one day run out of object as it covers such a waste area and almost all good targets are in the Milky way

Be assured Göran there is plenty to go at - including all that stuff that seems always to be behind the trees or the house! I've had lots of fun imaging the bits in between the interesting stuff and compiling massive mosaics but me doing the whole thing is not going to happen until I replace my trusty MacBook with a Cray!

Thank you for the kind comments.

Adrian

16 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

Thank you Alan - I am pleased you like it. There is a lot going on in Cassiopeia and Cepheus and a lot of stuff my image solver doesn't identify. Maybe someone knows how to get PI to include all the Sh2 nebula and will enlighten me.

Thanks again.

Adrian

C-du-C seems to include all the Sharpless regions at different depths in the program, it doesn't show all the faint ones until you zoom in to 50, 20 and 10 degrees FOV. For ages I was calling this list Shapeless, which of course most are.

Alan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alan potts said:

For ages I was calling this list Shapeless, which of course most are.

How right you are! Mind you I think that even the ones that aren't "shapeless" require a pretty vivid imagination.

You're right about CdC but I was hoping the ImageSolver in PI would show them but I've not discovered how as yet.

Adrian

1 hour ago, alan potts said:

I was calling this list Shapeless, which of course most are.

At first, I didn't realize Sharpless was a person's name.  I thought it was a description of the type of objects, as in "These are less sharp objects".

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Louis D said:

Try to get it on APOD?

Could work, I only managed once, but alternatvely you get a 300 mm lens and do it all over again in three times the time, and then get a 600 mm..... 😉

Edited by gorann
  • Like 1