Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Random EQmod problem

PaulR1

Hi folks

sometime during an imaging session or not at all EQmod does a connect error : timeout because the com port has gone wobbly. It is still visible in device manager. If I kill EQmod in task manager and delete the com port and do a scan for new hardware it comes back and then it works fine for a while.

cable , hub problem ?

I from time to time have the same issue. The pattern seems to be that is the kit is used regularly (I set up and take down each session) then the connectivity problem goes away but then after a period of inactivity comes back. If I have not used the kit for a while I plug and unplug the various connectors several times to wipe and try and brighten the finger contacts. Seems to help but I have no hard and fast data that says it fixes the problem.

When connecting the Usb cables one at a time to the The D-Link usb hub I listen for the confirmation audio from the PC.

thanks for the responses guys , I guess its FTDI, it plugs from usb hub into the port on the mount which is an NEQ6 which I forgot to mention.

Im thinking that it might be a wobbly / bad connecting power plug , as I dont tear down its a permanent setup, so I guess I will order one of those 2 pin screw on power plugs and go from there.

It may of course just need pluging in and out a few times to clear any corrosion.

The intermitancy ( is that a word ) of the problem I guess might point to this.