Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fungus?

42 minutes ago, NVDW said:

Well I emailed the company so fingers crossed. Looking at the price I paid for the lot, I can spare some money to have it restored. 

Tomorrow day 3 of the treatment. 

I think I'd always be annoyed by that stuff between the lenses. A bit of OCD... :)

Thanks for the advice so far though

OCD? I remember you were planning to throw it over the fence, the moment you came home and found out about the possible fungus!😎

but serious, i hope it all sorts out, and you can enjoy it.

Edited by Robindonne

48 minutes ago, Robindonne said:

OCD? I remember you were planning to throw it over the fence, the moment you came home and found out about the possible fungus!😎

but serious, i hope it all sorts out, and you can enjoy it.

Sshhhhhh. Well first time I forgot to check the optics and will be the last time. I'll never listen to you again 😆😇 

4 minutes ago, John said:

Did you see any photos of the objective before you purchased the scope ?

No that was the tricky part.   The seller only had one pic of the tube, taken from above, laying in the original box.  And i’m from Holland and the buyer and seller from Belgium.   It was their meeting in twilight that caused this i assume

8 hours ago, John said:

Did you see any photos of the objective before you purchased the scope ?

No and it will be the first and last time I forget to do that. We were more talking about the gp dx, eyepieces etc.... 

This is what they call being hosed on a parking lot haha. 

Despite this setback, it gives some very nice views though. 

Ok so no response from the German company. Tackled it myself today. After a lot of sweat and nerves.... 1 speckle of dust left between the elements lol. Really wanted to start over but let's not tempt fate haha.. Mild OCD over here :)

Test tonight I hope... 

IMG_20200918_153905.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NVDW said:

Ok so no response from the German company. Tackled it myself today. After a lot of sweat and nerves.... 1 speckle of dust left between the elements lol. Really wanted to start over but let's not tempt fate haha.. Mild OCD over here

At least it looks great if you want to sell in on. 😙