SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A Mars a day ...

Pixies

Well, I doubt I'll have the time and patience (and weather) to be able to do one a day. But as inspired by @mikeDnight, I thought I'd keep trying to hone my skills over the coming opposition.

Tonight's seeing was poor at times, but variable and sometimes OK. It was windy with clouds. I tried with several ortho EPs, each magnification seemed to bring out different features.

Anyway - I need to work out how best to try and implement each sketch. Today, I'm mucking about with a bit of IT to help the final display. Hope you like it, I'm quite pleased with it.

image.png.09bc50c7c96f5bd58336820dc02db424.png

Edited by Pixies
  • Like 20

5 minutes ago, chiltonstar said:

I can't imagine how you look and sketch as well! A lovely rendition.

Chris

And dob-nudge!

I'd been making lots of quick sketches and notes during observing. As I said, different EPs were showing different features better than others. The image above was done when I got back inside, while my memory was still fresh. The following was what I came inside with (colour added later)

image.png.752bafaebd35ec42194db01880e8c5dc.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markse68 said:

Lovely sketch and great detail you’re picking out. Are you finding the detail getting clearer the later it gets- it’s still fairly high at 1am? You could make an animation when you’re done 😉

I'm calling it a night at 2am. It gives me a little time to complete the sketch before bed. It's a school night and I'll be nodding off this afternoon! Unfortunately, Mars is above the house at that time, and I'm sure the seeing would improve towards dawn as the location improves and the local atmosphere cools.

1 hour ago, Pixies said:

And dob-nudge!

I'd been making lots of quick sketches and notes during observing. As I said, different EPs were showing different features better than others. The image above was done when I got back inside, while my memory was still fresh. The following was what I came inside with (colour added later)

Useful insight into your process, thanks!  

3 hours ago, Pixies said:

And dob-nudge!

Fantastic! Your quick eyepiece sketches are a delight to me, and they reveal much more than the detail on view. They reveal that you have an excellent observing eye, and the ability to record what you see in a wonderful and meaningful way. Excellent! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1