Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some more satellites approved

ShrewView

If I said what I really think then I could get banned for life.

Anyone know what legal right the FCC has to pollute the skies above countries other than the USA ?

If it's a free for all then I'd like to start the commissioning of a handful of hunter killer sats to clear the skies, I'm sure organisations such as SGL, S@N, RAS and others would approve.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkAR said:

If I said what I really think then I could get banned for life.

Anyone know what legal right the FCC has to pollute the skies above countries other than the USA ?

If it's a free for all then I'd like to start the commissioning of a handful of hunter killer sats to clear the skies, I'm sure organisations such as SGL, S@N, RAS and others would approve.

We need The Liberator, that would sort them out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:( Did Musk have any luck with the anti reflective coating on his satellites?

Software with hopefully eventually help, fingers crossed, but the thought of thousands upon thousands of satellites whizzing around in massive chains up there just seems horrible.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MarkAR said:

The International Telecommunications Union nominally controls this; by international agreement the licensing decision is delegated from the ITU to the launching nation's telecoms authority.

12 hours ago, jonathan said:

Maybe we'll get lucky with a big solar flare.

That won't knock them out of orbit - but it will mean they need to launch a whole new batch of working satellites. 

Edited by Ags

17 hours ago, Lockie said:

:( Did Musk have any luck with the anti reflective coating on his satellites?

Software with hopefully eventually help, fingers crossed, but the thought of thousands upon thousands of satellites whizzing around in massive chains up there just seems horrible.  

All future deployed Starlinks will incorporate a sun shade after a sucessful test.

https://spacenews.com/spacex-to-add-sunshades-to-all-future-starlink-satellites/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HutchStar said:

I wouldn't even mind as much if they were doing something worthwhile.

Tens of thousands of pieces of space junk seems like a hefty price to pay for faster Netflix buffering.

Faster Netflix in the middle of the Sahara, Mongolian tundra etc etc. Why should only us have access to the best shows? 😉