Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Shropshire

globular

On 14/08/2020 at 14:48, globular said:

Thanks Al.  Shropshire is so large that it's about a 70min drive to there from me.  Thanks for the tip though, I will venture out there if I can't find anywhere nearer.

I'd agree - it's 30 minutes at least in favourable conditions for me to get to Shrewsbury.

@globular I live in Whitchurch and as you say skies are generally class 4, but obviously being a market town there is road lighting. The local lighting goes off at 11.45pm, but main road lighting is only reduced. There is as you say a shortage of suitable accessible public amenities with car parks. Locally there is Brown Moss which I should probably investigate. The best option is probably going to be around Whixall and heading into Wales or towards Ellesmere. 

2 hours ago, Tenor Viol said:

@globular I live in Whitchurch and as you say skies are generally class 4, but obviously being a market town there is road lighting. The local lighting goes off at 11.45pm, but main road lighting is only reduced. There is as you say a shortage of suitable accessible public amenities with car parks. Locally there is Brown Moss which I should probably investigate. The best option is probably going to be around Whixall and heading into Wales or towards Ellesmere. 

There are lots of trees at Brown Moss. There is a good clearing but it would be difficult to lug everything there from the car park.

I wondered about Whixall Marina car park - but imagine you'd need permission and I'm not sure it would be forthcoming with nothing in it for the owners.

Thank you all for your suggestions :)