NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

spirit level

A quick and simple question, does it matter when you use a spirit level that has a magnetic base or does it make no difference?

Thank you for your time.

Edited by pob175

5 hours ago, pob175 said:

A quick and simple question, does it matter when you use a spirit level that has a magnetic base or does it make no difference?

Thank you for your time.

Is this for levelling a mount? If it is an EQ mount there is no need to have it level 

3 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

I find the magnetic base spirit level very useful when getting the counterbalance shaft horizontal. 

Me too for my Alt Az mounts.

Stick it to counterweight shaft and adjust tripod to get it level once then rotate by 90 degrees and level again then good to go.

On 09/08/2020 at 22:19, Uplooker said:

Is this for levelling a mount? If it is an EQ mount there is no need to have it level 

Is that because an EQ mount will be correct as long as it's polar aligned? So an uneven mount will just have to adjust the latitude and azimuth to compensate?

• Like 1