Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 Thread Lenses

I have the Takumar 50mm 1.4. Cost peanuts but absolutely love it. So well built, buttery smooth focus and defined clicks on the aperture. Used it for my recent attempts at Neowise. A little blue fringing on the brightest stars.

Neowise 2a.jpg

Neowise 1 bb.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wormix said:

Also, to fit my 450d I presume this is the adapter I need - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273680081004 ?

Looks good to me.

If you think you may want to play with the manual lenses in normal terrestrial use then, for a few pennies more, you can get a 'chipped' converter which ( if the 450d is anything like my 60d ) will give you a focus confirm beep/light, when you manually focus the lens.

Search ebay for "EOS M42 chip"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, russ said:

I have the Takumar 50mm 1.4. Cost peanuts but absolutely love it. So well built, buttery smooth focus and defined clicks on the aperture. Used it for my recent attempts at Neowise. A little blue fringing on the brightest stars.

Neowise 2a.jpg

Neowise 1 bb.jpg

Good to know as a 50mm prime is on my list

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Corncrake said:

Looks good to me.

If you think you may want to play with the manual lenses in normal terrestrial use then, for a few pennies more, you can get a 'chipped' converter which ( if the 450d is anything like my 60d ) will give you a focus confirm beep/light, when you manually focus the lens.

Search ebay for "EOS M42 chip"

Thanks, have ordered a couple to play with. Just need a lens or 2 now!

135mm f3.5 also seems well regarded.