SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Clifton Suspension Bridge & Comet Neowise

Clifton Suspension Bridge & Comet Neowise

Missed out on this image last night due to bad planning, but I am reasonably pleased with this effort.

10 seconds

F4

320asa

Hope that you like, and please comments welcome.

cheers

Bob

DSC01162 amended 5 with border low res.jpg

Edited by cloudbuster
  • Like 20

2 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Fantastic image, was that taken from Ashton Court? 

Thanks Craig.

no it wasnt...but you are close! it was taken from bedminster down....about 2.5 miles away from the bridge.

cheers

bob

Brunel did not live to see the bridge completed. So maybe it does tilt a bit ? :grin:

Great photo Bob :thumbright:

My Dad painted that view (minus a comet and in daylight) back in the 1980's. He worked at the Bristol Water Company in their HQ on Bedminster Down and his office had that view, over the cemetery. He used to joke that one day he would end up there, and indeed he sadly did about 30 years ago now.

The view is a very nice one though and actually puts a smile on my face each time I see it :icon_biggrin:

38 minutes ago, John said:

Brunel did not live to see the bridge completed. So maybe it does tilt a bit ? :grin:

Great photo Bob :thumbright:

My Dad painted that view (minus a comet and in daylight) back in the 1980's. He worked at the Bristol Water Company in their HQ on Bedminster Down and his office had that view, over the cemetery. He used to joke that one day he would end up there, and indeed he sadly did about 30 years ago now.

The view is a very nice one though and actually puts a smile on my face each time I see it :icon_biggrin:

Great story John!

yes i remember the waterworks....

also my dad is also at the same cemetary,

cheers

bob

Edited by cloudbuster