Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

C/2020 F3 NEOWISE timelapse and widefield

This is my first naked eye comet and second comet ever(Wirtanen being my first) and I was truly amazed with how it looked through my Helios Apollo 15X70 binoculars! The tail was so obvious and just barely visible with averted vision naked eye. I really hope I get one more change to see this comet, but the weather here in Denmark isn't great at the moment...

Just to share the images here as well, here they are:

653345314_C-2020F3NOEWISEWidefield.thumb.jpg.64b895cf1cfb313fc21fe7d53a7380e5.jpg

This single widefield shot is cropped almost 100% and shot with a 50mm prime lens at about 03:30AM

423792187_C-2020F3NOEWISE.thumb.jpg.8e1b668874700a90f6b7538f56599389.jpg

Stack of 32X1sec exposures with 100ISO through the Evostar 72. These were shot right before the previous widefield image.

I really hope everyone will have the opportunity to see this comet! It was truly amazing to see as my first ever naked eye comet. Compared to Wirtanen, which was a small fuzzy star through my Helios Apollo 15X70, this comet is a lot more exciting and the tail is beautiful!

Clear skies, Victor

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Lovely images Victor - thanks for posting them :icon_biggrin:

I was really surprised and impressed with Comet Neowise when I saw it back on the 6th July with my 11x70 binoculars. I guess I've got used to looking for faint patches of light with a difficult to discern shape but Neowise just looked so "comet-like" that I stared in disbelief for a while.

We have had clouds here since then but I'm hoping for more observations here over the coming days as the weather improves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jindivik said:

love it, i've not seen it yet but the timing of this comet is quite special.  It's lovely to see it shining through the wispy sheets of noctilucent clouds 

Thanks! The noctilucent clouds looked amazing! Suprised the comet was still so bright despite of the glowing clouds.

46 minutes ago, John said:

Lovely images Victor - thanks for posting them :icon_biggrin:

I was really surprised and impressed with Comet Neowise when I saw it back on the 6th July with my 11x70 binoculars. I guess I've got used to looking for faint patches of light with a difficult to discern shape but Neowise just looked so "comet-like" that I stared in disbelief for a while.

We have had clouds here since then but I'm hoping for more observations here over the coming days as the weather improves.

Thanks John, and no problem;) The weather looks promising here at my location tomorrow morning so I hope I can improve my images. Good luck to you too, and hopefully you get to see it again while it's still nice and bright!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

Thats great!. I too have not seen it yet. Thanks for posting.

Rob

Thanks Rob, appreciate the nice comliment! I'll thank the noctilucent clouds for making the timelapse interesting;) But that lamp post...:angry5:

• Like 1

Very nice images!

I was able to spot it this morning with my binoculars even with the sky getting quite bright.

You can just barely make out the nucleus in my single image, but hopefully tomorrow I'll try with it a bit lower.

_MG_7387 labeled.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kyle Allen said:

Great images Victor!

Hopefully I will get the chance to view this on Saturday morning. I’d hate to miss it!

Thanks Kyle! Weather currently looks good so I'll try to see if I can improve my image tonight;) Good luck to you! It would be a shame to miss this one.

• Like 1