NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Faster Scope for imaging

18 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

What FF/FR is usually recommended for Esprit 100 and what is resulting focal ratio?

SW has a designated and not expesive FF for each Esprit that are excellent. When it comes to FRs SW has none so the Riccardi is usually recommended but some from TS work too. If Carole is satisfied with the native FOV I suggest that she starts off with the SW FF, so f/5.5 and FL 550mm.

EDIT: With my Esprit 100 the TS 0.79x 3" FR works fine but I have not manged to get good stars in the corner with it with my Esprit 150.

Edited by gorann
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fellside said:

I have a SW Esprit 100 fitted with the TS 0.79x 3" FR (on Göran recommendation) and I am very pleased with the combination.

Regards

Graham

Really good to hear that it works for you too Graham. It may be that this FR works best for shorter focal lengths like the Esprit 100, but is struggeling with longer ones.

Thanks Gorann and Graham, I have made a note of that as I do want to use a focal reducer and it is indeed one of the questions I asked FLO earlier this evening.  I also asked about the anticipated delivery time but I guess the answer is going to be: "how long is a piece of string".  I think provided I am happy with the answers to my queries I will get on with ordering one, as I expect a long wait, and in the meantime I have Ray's scope to use as a stop gap.

Many thanks for all your assistance everyone.

Carole  

Edited by carastro

SW Esprit 100 fitted with the TS 0.79x 3" FR 

Just checking this fits to the "screw" in thread on the Esprit 100, or are further adapters needed, plus my Camera and EFW are the Atik EFW2 and Atik 460EX and Atik 428EX which are T2 female I believe.  I see Goran has the same camera in his Arsenal, so hopefully it will all fit together, or I might need a step down adapter.

Carole 

Edited by carastro

Carol

If you want to fit the TS 0.79x 3" FR you will need the following adapter from TS. The camera side of the FR is M48x0.75 thread.

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p9017_Lacerta-Adapter-to-female-M68x1-thread-for-Skywatcher-ESPRIT-apos.html 

SW flattener comes ready to fit to the 100 and again has a M48x0.75 thread on the camera side.

If you really want to go with a FR you then save the cost of the SW flattener.

Regards

Graham

• Like 1

If you really want to go with a FR you then save the cost of the SW flattener.

Absolutely.  

S say on their web site that they have the Esprit 100 in stock. Could be worth ordering from them if FLO cannot promise a delivery date.

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p5437_Skywatcher-Esprit-100-ED---100-mm-F-5-5-FPL53-Triplet-Apochromat-Refractor.html

Thanks Goran

Carole 

On 04/07/2020 at 16:56, RayD said:

Good to see you, Carole.  Hopefully you'll enjoy having a play with the 80mm Photoline.

As I mentioned and, as noted by @gorann, you won't find much wrong with the Esprit 100 and it has the ring mounting rather than the foot mount which you want.

If you have any questions about the TS just shout.

Top bloke Ray..big pat on the back

• Like 1