Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Somebody should take all the SGL images of M42, and throw them into.....

Tim

.....Registar, and produce an official SGL M42. Imagine how many hours, fov's, close up and widefields we have amassed over the past months!!

Here's my offering, taken on holiday through the kit described under my post in the equipment review section of the forum - GSO F4 8".

Thanks for looking.

TJ

11608_normal.jpeg

(click to make it bigger)

right lets get this going ideally would need tiffs without too much processing I have the Software...Registar...

And 20,030's worth of M42 to chuch at it ....

Perhaps we can get the data files uploaded to UKAstronomers...

and links posted in this thread...

I'll upload the raw stacked images for people to process however they want...Is this a goer?

Billy...

Its up to you Peter, I have around 10 hours or more of M42 at various points. I found registar gave some great results on processed images using a widefield with the wo72 and a close up at F10 through an sct.

It'd be a hell of a job to do though, wouldnt it? What would be best, the unprocessed but stacked versions of the tiffs I guess? Most of mine work out at around 250mb, so it'd be tricky I suppose.

I think i'm going to purchase the full version of Registar later, its such a tease seeing the results and not being able to save them!!!

Cheers

TJ

My HDR stack is about 3GB... so rapidly gets a rough crop and drop to 16Bit to make it manageable...

I think if we defined a rough crop box it would help if we could get the file size down to say 20-30MB per "super-sub" then its might be OK...

I wondered how long it would be before you just had to have it... its all well and good seeing what it does on the sample data that comes with the download... but its the first time you give it some of your own data that it really blows your mind...

Olly is way ahead of me with what he's doing with it...

Its when you see it correcting geometry when combining images from different setups that it really comes home how powerful an app it is...

Your probably the same as me having loads of data that was just sitting there doing nothing ... until now...

Billy...

Billy...

You would also need the flats and darks, I myself have over 1gb of M42 data....the task would be huge :shock:

Nah what I need is the data after its been stacked and flat/dark processed but before its started to be tweaked... basicaly just the autosave.tif out of DSS....

Billy...

]

Unfortuneately I only managed 2 or three images. Spent most of the time playing with an off axis guider. I'll post them soon. I dropped this image onto an earlier one via registar, and the blue halo was gone, which was nice. Thats the only trouble with fast tubes and bright stars, you get reflection artifacts all over.

The GSO is actually f4 Ron, so it is pretty quick as they go. There is a 6min full frame pic, with minimum processing in the review thread.

Peter, perhaps we should try it just between ourselves at first, and see if it makes a difference, and if so, then define the borders etc for a larger group? I'm keen if you are!!

Cheers

TJ

Archived