sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_4.gif.6a323659519d12fc7cafc409440c9dbf.gif

Hello!
I have been really inactive here, so apologies.

Here are a few images of the Solar Eclipse, happened on 21 June 2020. It was annular, but partial from Mumbai region (around 60% covered). Maximum phase of the eclipse was at around 11:30 a.m. IST.

This is actually onset of our 4-5 months of monsoon season, so getting decent skies was a tough part. Luckily got decent cleared patches here and there with occasional rains.

I had to use whatever I had to make a comfortable view of the eclipse, thanks to the lockdown.

I simply took a box, made a whole of the size of the eyepiece on one end, cut the opposite side and attached a paper. I had to do little bit here and there attachments for perfect angle. But was really happy with the results. 
One of the best experience was when I was seeing the Sun while it was drizzling at the same time.

Thanks!
-Rhushikesh Deshpande.

105554452_3689020961126599_2714268827675436877_n.jpg

105397436_3689020924459936_7374390053154121596_o.jpg

104937800_3689020954459933_570575118971304609_o.jpg

105591021_3689020941126601_582535526483212178_o.jpg

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tomatobro
      Coronado pst, 2000 frames best 20% in Auotstakkert and polished in Registake6 and Gimp
      ASI383 MC

• By acr_astro
      Dear all,
      luckily we have excellent weather here today and I could use my lunch break for observing and sketching the solar exclipse.  When sketching, I tried to "mentally" mirror the view in the EP back to non-mirrored orientation. I hope this went well. The progress of the eclipse shown in the sketch is from 1235 CEST.
      Here we go:

Telescope: Lunt LS 50 THa B600 PT
      Eyepiece: Celestron X-cel 10mm
      Date & Time: June 10th, 2021 / 1215-1245 CEST
      Technique: reddish Koh-i-noor pastels, pastel pens and charcoal pen on black Hahnemühle Ingres mould-made pastel paper
      Size: 24x31cm 
      Clear skies!
      Achim
    • By Liv
      I saw another post similar to this on here and the replies seemed to be very believable and informative so I thought I’d ask here.

For the past week or so I have been sitting outside at night between 10pm and 12pm and just watching the stars come out. I haven’t been using my telescope because I didn’t feel like I would need it. The skies have been very clear and the stars beautiful but I’ve been noticing some strange happenings in the sky. I’m not saying ufos I’m just wondering what these may be, so let me explain further.
      First my mother and I witnessed a singular light, white light flying through the sky. There were no navigation lights or sounds. Just a singular light flying by, we ruled out airplanes because it was two low to be one but was also way too fast to be a helicopter. I’ve seen them twice and they always seem incredibly high up and barely distinguishable from stars. They aren’t shooting stars because they fly completely differently. Another thing I have noticed are flashes, like stars that get bigger and then suddenly disappear, like a flash. And I mean completely disappear! Now I’m sure I’ve read of these things before in one of my astronomy books but I’m honestly not sure what they could be. They fly and react different to any aircraft or stars so I’m intrigued. They also appear as if they are stars and look like they fly or flash right next to real stars. 

Now I feel like I need to note that I know a lot about astronomy it has amazed me since childhood and I am a skeptic. My family has a long history of being in the airforce, mostly as engineers and creators of new technology so when it comes to lights in the sky we usually have a good answer, but no one could explain these sightings. I also live near an airfield so I don’t understand why (if these aircraft were from there) were flying so incredibly high up, so fast and so far away from the airfield, they seemed to come out of the night and fly off and back into the dark. It was also completely clear nights with little clouds during these sightings.
      I’m asking here because I believe anyone who reads this will have a good answer for me and won’t immediately ridicule me for thinking I saw a UFO. Please let me know if there’s anything you think this could be or any questions you have! Thank you so much for reading and happy stargazing!
    • By WolfAstronomer
      I just recently got 15x70 Celestron Skymaster binoculars, and finally got a nice clear sky. I'm in bortle zone 4. I looked up online how to find certain messier objects, and looked for them, but i couldn't find them. (btw, i do have a tripod, and i used that most of the time) Why couldn't I find ANY messier objects?? I was certain i would be able to find some.... 
      Any tips?
    • By SuburbanMak
      I almost hesitate to ask this but ahem, here goes... 
      My EBay white light filter turned up today & I scurried out into the garden like an excited child on Christmas morning. 

After a bit of faffing I have it clamped to the ST80 and using the equally cheap but pleasingly effective SV-Bony pinhole projector finder (can’t believe it just slotted in and is aligned as there’s no way to adjust) there is a lovely big, crisp, solar disc. 

Can’t see any sunspots though - and here’s the dumb question - is there just nothing doing today or am I missing a trick? 

Any beginner tips on white light observation gratefully received...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.