Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ioptron CEM 120 Slewing speed issue.

wavydavy

Anyone knowledgeable on ioptrons cem 120 mount? Recently brought one.... Doing well but I can't seem to find a setting on the handcontroller or software where I can slow the slewing rates down (as its v noisy don't want complaints), so that's not the guiding rates... Or manual moving, just the go-to..... Parking..... And pointing to zero. I can slow the speeds on all other settings though....

On 30/05/2020 at 14:43, wavydavy said:

Anyone knowledgeable on ioptrons cem 120 mount? Recently brought one.... Doing well but I can't seem to find a setting on the handcontroller or software where I can slow the slewing rates down (as its v noisy don't want complaints), so that's not the guiding rates... Or manual moving, just the go-to..... Parking..... And pointing to zero. I can slow the speeds on all other settings though....

If using the hand controller just push the number pad for the speed you want and the motor will slew at that speed i.e 1 is slowest, 9 is fastest.

Edit.  Just understood what you meant there, not manual just the rest i.e. goto etc.  No, you can't slow these down, they will run at full slew speed.

Edited by RayD

Hi,

A GoTo command with this mount will always use the MAX speed.

More then a year ago several owenrs of CEM 120XXX mounts suggested to iOptron to add a menu feature to set up this speed. No reaction from iOptron.

Edited by Rainer