NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31

Les Tilly

I am retrying this images again this is 53x240 secs Iso 800 It still needs more time I figured out my other version hadto many bad subs in it with the camera histogram been way over the % range also tried out my new Image pen pretty cool tool

Thanks Les

large.jpg

That's a great image Les lots of detail. Can you offer more in the way of details for the image, ie scope and camera?

Karlo

Hi Karlo the scope I use is a Stellarvue 102ED also I use a William optics stage II flattner/reducer +Hutech idas 2 LP filter

Camera is the Canon 40D Modified, I use the Canon EOS Utility to capture the images on my laptop

I took 55 but only stacked 53x240secs calibrated with darks and flats with DSS only used subs with the histogram between 35%to 45%

Mount is the Losmandy G11 with Gemini Guided with PHD and DSI proII and the 80mm short tube

Processed in CS2 +wacom image pen and pad

Thanks for the Kind words Guys

Les

Very Nice indeed Les...

I have a couple Wacom of pen tablets here somewhere Iused to use them a lot when i was into photo retouching will have to dig them out again...never thought of using them for astrophotography work...

Billy...

Great for picking out the dust lanes Billy I went to a Image conference and had a class with Ken crawford who was showing how to use adobe photoshop masks with the pen to sharpen dustlanes also had a seminar with R Jay Gabany who does amazing astro images

Les

Archived