Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Intervalometer

5 minutes ago, Robindonne said:

Oh backyardnikon is new for me also.  Just as backyardeos. 

Well visual is very nice of course but gives me less attraction for the long term i think.   Im not yet in a position to tell you what i want to image but leaning to all related to nebulae/galaxies.  All the beautiful that cant be seen without the use of a camera

I took this image of Horsehead nebula with a modified Canon 600D and a 300mm lens on a manual tripod with a intervalometer.

HORSEHEAD_LIGHT_30s_1600iso.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, iapa said:

I took this image of Horsehead nebula with a modified Canon 600D and a 300mm lens on a manual tripod with a intervalometer.

HORSEHEAD_LIGHT_30s_1600iso.jpg

Wow. Im always amazed by these images.  Unbelievable some people take 1000+ Photos of a bird and dont feel the need for ap😬.  But how would an image like this turn out without the modification?

2 hours ago, Robindonne said:

Wow. Im always amazed by these images.  Unbelievable some people take 1000+ Photos of a bird and dont feel the need for ap😬.  But how would an image like this turn out without the modification?

I'll have a rummage, I think I did similar with an unmodified 700D, which was the same sensor.

3 hours ago, Robindonne said:

Yes thx.  It passed in some review.  Some advising to not go that way because of more heat?? Didnt find any proof it causes heat more than a battery, the opposite seems true. And less weight. But on the other hand more cables😬.  But def going to try one

Definitely less heat as batteries generate heat in use so moving it outside the camera will reduce heat inside the camera body. Also when I'm doing widefield I use a 20Ah phone charger pack (I've found Anker ones reliable - all our family use that brand) with 2 power outs which will power the camera and lens dew heater all night. I then use a 10Ah 12v Tracer battery for my Astrotrac. So yeah... a few cables.

Martin Pyott did a couple of you tube videos, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj_s6X3mZvpAhVuThUIHRS1DWEQwqsBMAB6BAgIEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLVrTpCn1MhA&usg=AOvVaw14OI_WroM4RZm6m1hSHVv2 a few years ago for a home brew collar for Canon, 

I know it firs the 600D, and 700D

Only costs a few quid - helps reduce noise a bit more