NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How do make the image upright

1 hour ago, JoshHopk said:

It may be useful if you could add an example image, just so everyone can understand your question better :smile:

Sure  .at the moment everything is like this .see photo but i prefer to look at this like a human beings see things. So the building should be on the ground not in the sky. Hope this helps explain my question

68725734-abstract-upside-down-city-and-cloudy-sky-wallpaper-background.jpg

Simply go around to the other side of your Newtonian and lean over it to reach the eyepiece.  The image will appear upright when viewed this way.  I have no idea how long you'll be able to hold this position, but it works.

There's generally not enough focus travel to put any prisms in the light path of a Newtonian to flip the image the right way around, so you're pretty much stuck with the above workaround.

If you really want a correct left-right and top-bottom imaging spotting scope because terrestrial use is most important to you, get either a refractor, an SCT, or a Mak telescope and put an Amici prism diagonal on the back.

At night, it doesn't really matter if the sky is flipped or rotated unless you're trying to match an eyepiece view against finder charts.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think Newtonians tend to not be used so much for terrestrial viewing due to the way they flip the images and the fact that their viewing position makes the use of a prism awkward.  As noted above for the night sky it doesn't really matter which way up what you are viewing is.  It's actually quite amazing how quickly the brain and hands adapt to moving the telescope in the correct direction to chase things regardless of what sorts of flipping is occurring.  Even with refracting telescopes the prisms used for viewing will sometimes only flip vertically and not always horizontally so be careful what you buy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1