Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New scope ordered !

Well I took the plunge today and bought the Celstron Nexstar 8SE - only one stockiest in the UK I could find who had 3 in stock, it arrives on  Tuesday so can’t wait! I’ll report back as the first opportunity of my first experience! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Great news. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Used to have one myself. Don’t extend the tripod legs as it gets a bit wobbly if you do. Would advise getting a decent diagonal as the stock one is a cheap plastic one. Just decide if you are going to stick with 1.25” or go for a 2” diagonal so you’ll be able to use 2” eyepieces.  A 2” SCT type diagonal or a regular diagonal and a 2” visual back. 

Finder is not the best but usable. A Telrad is infinately better and not heavy even though it is a big lump. Or you could go for a 9x50:RACI finder.

32 minutes ago, Neil H said:

Hi enjoy your new scope but you do know the weather is going to be bad curse of the new scope lol

I love the weekends it the only time I can get mine out roll on the summer nights

There’s is no rush ..it’s a life times passion