NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Witches Broom

Rodd

I finally got the Witches Broom to a comfortable place--after many dozens of attempts.  I won't go into the sordid details--suffice it to say that I just could not process the data well.  I think I have finally done it.  Its by far the most ballanced version I have done.  A good hint is the length of time it took me to process the data this time--about 15 minutes.  maybe a half hour all told.  It seems when I toil oer an image for many hours and keep undooing steps and redoing them, the imges never come out very well.  Some might say that the blue could be more blue and less green.  I have alwasy felt that the blues should be more of a Teal--but that is a personal preperance and the amount of blue can be changed ith the click of a button

TOA 130, ASI 1600 Ha 113 300 sec; OIII: 77 300 sec (3nm)

Image03a-alt2sat2.thumb.jpg.6148d07aede10f277539e7640761d9fb.jpg

• Like 21

20 minutes ago, eshy76 said:

I think it's stunning...I particularly love the diagonal framing!

Thanks Eshy--its the only way it would fit.  A rare use of the CAA.  I do have a slightly less saturated one--not sure which I like better--my gut is telling me that the bove might be a bit over saturated in spots.  Not sure though.  Its not ragingly over.

Image03a-alt2.thumb.jpg.73746fd886b15da6b821f0a38f770afa.jpg

Edited by Rodd

3 minutes ago, HunterHarling said:

Nice. I like the color of the OIII, it looks better than ones that are more blue (imo).

Thanks Hunter.  I tried it more blue blue just didn't like it as much either.

Another beautiful image from you, make mine look a bit half baked and I thought it was decent too. I feel that H alpha and Olll really bring this out compared to my OSC, I intend to get a Optolong duel band filter in the next few weeks which may help.

Alan

2 hours ago, alan potts said:

Another beautiful image from you, make mine look a bit half baked and I thought it was decent too. I feel that H alpha and Olll really bring this out compared to my OSC, I intend to get a Optolong duel band filter in the next few weeks which may help.

Alan

Yeah but I love broad band nebulae.   I don’t have much luck with them due to my sky

2 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

It’s a difficult one to do and not blow out the main star when stretching. You’ve nailed it and it looks fantastic.

Thanks Terry.  The star could be better. That’s the asi 1600 for ya