Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51

astro mick

Hi.

Stayed clear here last night for a welcome change so decided to image M51 as it was nicely placed in the East.

I only used the RGB filters,as i thought the Galaxy was bright enough to escape a luminance.

I took 2hrs each of  RGB making this a 6hr image  in total.

Maybe it needed a Luminance not sure.

Calibrated with Bias/Darks and Flats.

Usual scopes and cameras.

Cheers.

Mick.M51b.thumb.png.8db94960abee16c3acadcb5d7ea6c736.png

• Like 7

Love it. 

I'm not into imaging at all and I've no technical appreciation of what's required to capture Images like this.  It's the detail that I look for, the nature of the spiral arms and the starburst regions throughout the galaxy, etc.  Colour bias and such things I would least notice, and probably not at all unless mentioned.  Great shot. 

That's a very nice capture there Mick, it is not one I have tried, I tend to feel galaxies apart from M31 & 33 are a bit on the small side for my gear. However I keep thinking about wheeling the LX 200 12 inch out and banging off a load of 10-15 second exposures at F6.3, could have legs even though it's not equatorial.

Alan