NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Middle of the moon

CraigT82

Another colour boosted shot from last night. Probably my favourite area of the moon as there's just so many different types of topography, including variously aged craters (inc. Volcanic), Maria, highlands, numerous rilles, sinus, imbrium sculpture etc etc etc....!

8.75" Fullerscope with Altair GPCAM3 224c and APM 2.7x Barlow. 

5 pane mosiac, each pane 500/5000 frames.

Rimae-5.png

• Like 20

Beautiful! Unlike any lunar image I've seen, really, i have questions if i may, this is a very interesting shot, the detail is amazing.

Are the colours i see here false, to highlight different areas?

Are the natural colours which the eye doesn't detect but camera can?

8 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Beautiful! Unlike any lunar image I've seen, really, i have questions if i may, this is a very interesting shot, the detail is amazing.

Are the colours i see here false, to highlight different areas?

Are the natural colours which the eye doesn't detect but camera can?

Thanks for the kind words! 

The colour is real but it has been enhanced increasing the vibrancy and saturation of the image. I doubt anyone could pick out the colour visually to the same extent but you should be able to see hints if it 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Another colour boosted shot from last night. Probably my favourite area of the moon as there's just so many different types of topography, including variously aged craters (inc. Volcanic), Maria, highlands, numerous rilles, sinus, imbrium sculpture etc etc etc....!

That's a stonking good image - the colour and detail are superb :thumbright:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

8.75" Fullerscope with Altair GPCAM3 224c and APM 2.7x Barlow. 

5 pane mosiac, each pane 500/5000 frames.

Rimae-5.png

Wow - fabulous work Craig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all.  I'm finding I prefer colour lunar images over mono ones, just seem to have a bit more life in them. Thinking about trying an ADC with the colour camera to see if I get them a bit sharper next time. Might even try using my 290mono with RGB filters to see how that compares

• Like 1